Blowing the lids off //🌙

Shubman's viewpoint :

"October 1st; The first anniversary of the best thing that has ever happened to me is finally here! Last year today, I started the journey of life with the best human world could ever produce, my boyfriend. I'm truly so blessed to have you, Shubman. You complete my world, you are my world."

Tears trickled down my eyes as I read the story highlight Anushree had put up on her Instagram page on our first dating anniversary.

It's been a week since her laughters, her giggles, her smiles, the way she calls my name, her magical voice have subsided and now I'm only left with memories of her.

I burnt her dead body with my own hands, I don't even feel like looking at them anymore. The hands that used to touch her, caress her, save her from troubles, make her eat when she was empty stomach and love her immensely were the ones that lighted her up when she stopped breathing.

How could I do this to her? Why did I do this? How did I turn into such a monster? Why am I still alive after being so unjust to an angel in the form of human?

I tried several suicide attempts initially, but somebody or the other kept saving me. When mumma found out that I've constantly been trying to take my life, she made me swear on Anushree's soul that I won't do such a thing. Now I'm neither alive nor dead.

I keep looking at pictures of us, I go through Anushree's account where she used to post pictures of us and write cute captions for me. The other times I keep recalling all the times that we've spent together.

 The other times I keep recalling all the times that we've spent together

In my dreams, I can see my angel. She comes and talks to me, asks me not to cry and always be happy. She keeps telling me that everything will be fine but how? How are things ever going to be normal again?

I lost the most precious person I ever had and she's never going to return. How am I supposed to live now?

"Shub.." Mumma's voice reached me, followed by the sound of a knock at the door.

"Haa.." I answered and let her in.

She looked at me and turned teary again, probably because of the condition I'm in.

"Tu kuch khaayega..?" She finally asked me after a minute.

I shook my head at it, like I always do. Whenever I used to refuse to eat, Anushree came to me with my favourite dishes and made me eat them. Why won't she come now? I've been starving myself since a week now, doesn't she care about me anymore?

I'm still hopeful that she will come to me one day. Until then, I won't eat a single thing. It'll only be her, no one else.

"Ek hafta ho gaya hai, aise mat kar.. please beta." Mumma requested me with moist eyes.

"Ek hafta ho ya saal, jab tak woh nahi aayegi, main nahi khaaunga." I stated.

"Mera baccha, aise nahi karte beta. Tune mujhe promise kiya tha na ki tu khudko harm nahi karega, phir yeh kya hai?" She cupped my cheeks.