Demise //🌙

Shubman's viewpoint :

"Anu, wake up. Come on, it's our wedding tomorrow aur tum abhi tak so rahi ho." I shook her body while constantly trying to wake her up.

She's so engrossed that she won't even listen to me, I wonder how tired she must be. I know I'm disturbing her but I just need to hear her voice once. When she herself assures me that she's fine, I'll make her go back to sleep again.

"Shub-" Vihaan tried saying something but I cut him off.

"Did you give her sleeping pills? She's been sleeping since a while." I asked him while caressing Anushree's hair and cheeks.

Her body temperature seems low, she must be feeling cold.

"Sister, please bring me a blanket. She's feeling cold." I added for the nurse standing by.

"Shubman please try to understand, she isn't alive." Vihaan repeated his words for the umpteenth time.

Why would he make a joke about such a sensitive thing? How can Anushree not be alive?

She promised me that she'll stay there with me for a lifetime, she promised me that we'll grow old together, she promised me that we'll raise our child with all the love and care. She's living for me and our baby. She's there, just sleeping a bit longer than usual.

"How's my baby? Daddy is waiting for you angel." I smiled while caressing Anushree's belly softly.

"Shubman.. the baby.. it couldn't survive either.." Vihaan added in a melancholic voice.

"Stop it! There's a limit until I can take your jokes, okay? Stop talking nonsense about my unborn child and my wife. If you keep saying this then I'll slit your throat completely." I warned him while holding his collar.

"You have to understand that they're both dead! She died, do you understand that? She is dead!" He shouted back at me.

"Kya!" Came a loud feminine scream.

"Keart.." Papa's voice hit my ears as he tried holding my fainting mumma.

"Anu.. kahan hai meri bacchi.." Mumma started panicking and ran towards Anushree's bed.

"Kya hua beta.." She added shaking her body a bit.

"Woh so rahi hai, aap uthaao na use." I informed mumma.

"Beta, uth jaa. Dekh, Shubman tera intezaar kar raha hai, uski baat sunle." She kept shaking Anushree's body, but in vain.

Why won't she give a reply to any of us? Is she mad at me?

"Tum mujhse naraaz ho? Fine, main kaam mein busy nahi rahunga, tum jab bolo tab khaana bhi khaa lunga, par tum gussa mat karo." I pleaded Anushree while intertwining our fingers.

"Kuch toh bolo, please.." I added mumbling as warm tears started falling down my cheeks.

"Anu please.." I started crying hard.

I somewhere know that she'll never wake up now but I can't accept this, I can never accept this. She has to wake up. She can't break the promises she made to me, neither can I do the same to her. I can't let her die, I won't let her die.