Renege //🌙

Shubman's viewpoint :

"Uhm-hmm jeeju, kise dekhne ki koshish ho rahi hai?" Anushree's cousins teased me as I tilted my head in order to take a glance of my charismatic fiancé dressed up in a breathtaking yellow saree.

Damn. If sunshine could be personified, it would surely reside in my love. Her charm has made me understand what it's like to be a sunflower, which is always tilted towards the sun. To me, she's my biggest destination. She's my world full of happiness, somewhere I always wanna be.

"Anu aa gayi hai toh haldi ki rasm shuru karein?" Bua ji asked and everyone gave in their consent.

Today's the day prior to our marriage, on which the haldi ceremony is celebrated as per the traditions. We're almost at the doorstep of being each other's, which I'm truly so thankful for.

"Aaja beta, baith jaa yahan pe." Mumma made Anushree sit next to me.

I'm having such an irresistible urge to touch her belly and check up on our baby but I need to control my emotions. I can't create a chaos in front of everyone.

"Kinni sohni jodi hai." My relatives admired us.

Soon they brought the haldi paste that they been preparing since morning. At first mumma applied a good amount of haldi onto my cheeks, shoulders and body and then painted Anushree's cheeks and hands yellow. She looks so damn cute.

One by one all the elders started applying haldi onto us and then our cousins, friends, colleagues and all the other guests did. I literally smell entirely like turmeric at this point, which I don't think is going to go away for a day or two at least.

"Main bhi aapko haldi laga du?" Anushree cutely giggled.

"Lagao na." I lifted her hand and then pressed in onto my cheeks.

After that I rubbed a little amount of paste of her nose. Aww, her smile is melting my heart so badly.

The others attending the event are applying haldi onto each other and meanwhile, mumma's bathing Anushree in milk infused with rose petals and her aunts are doing the same to me. This feels so refreshing, now I understand why my girl loves to do her skincare and stuff.

"Tum sab jaao, Anu ko taiyyar karke le aana." Mumma instructed my cousins and readily took Anushree inside.

I guess I should take a bath now as well, I'm drenched in milk and it needs to be rinsed soon enough.

"Tu bhi nahale, phir saath mein lunch karenge." Mumma smiled at me.

"Okay mumma." I smiled and went in.

It was a long shower but a very refreshing and relaxing one. Now I'm gonna dress up myself in a yellow colour kurta, which will match to Anushree's lehenga perfectly. She adores this colour so much and says that it compliments me well.

"Bhabhi thoda sa dance karlo, aapki shaadi hone waali hai, celebration toh banta haina." I heard my cousins persuading Anushree as I came out after getting dressed up.

Wow, I'm so not able to take my eyes off my pretty woman! She looks like a goddess.

"Use comfortable nahi feel ho raha toh rehne do, strenuous activities anyway theek nahi hai uske liye." I guided the girls before Anushree would say anything.