Inconsolable //🌙

Shubman's viewpoint :

"Yeah, ab body bhi decay honi start ho gayi hai. Shubman ko samjhaana toh parega..." Faint voices reached me as I played with Anushree's soft fingers.

"Baby.." I whispered while stroking her hair and kissed her forehead lightly.

"Dekho sab kya bol rahe hain, mujhe darr lag raha hai... Mujhe tumse alag nahi hona... Please wake up, please.." Tears flew down my cheeks as I made yet another request to her.

"Anu please..." I cried hard while shaking her body a bit.

Why is she still silent? Why won't she come back? Why won't she smile again? I'm dying to hear my name escaping from her lips, why won't she call out for me? Why isn't she talking to me?

I made her so miserable. I couldn't save her, it's all my fault. I've to be blamed for the situation my baby is in right now. I killed our child too, how can I even be human? I don't deserve to live. It should've been me who isn't a part of this world anymore, not her.

Anushree never did wrong to anyone, why was she the one suffering all her life and then pass away so brutally? I wronged her, we all wronged her. She deserves to live a happy life for the least. Why her!

"Shub.." Mumma's whisper brought me out of my thoughts.

She came to me and I tightly hugged her, crying out oceans inside her understanding arms. I feel so restless. My mind, heart, everything has stopped working. I don't know how to go on with life anymore. How do I even live further? I want to die. I seriously can't live anymore.

"Beta, tum dono ne shaadi karli thi?" Mumma asked me after a while.

"Hmm." I sniffed.

"Accha.." She whispered.

I kept crying inside her arms but still didn't feel any better. Every minute is so tough for me to spend now. How can Anushree leave me alone like this? How can she do this to me? Why is this the reward we're getting in return for all the sufferings we went through? Why my poor girl?

"Jeeju, yeh aapke liye hai." I heard Manya's voice as she approached me with a bowl placed inside a tray.

Does she really think I'm in a state to eat something right now?

"Nahi chahiye." I sternly rejected.

"Aapki tabiyat kharab ho jaayegi.." She tried persuading me while taking the seat beside me.

"Use mann nahi hai toh rehne de beta." Mumma requested her.

"Par jeeju-" Manya placed her hand in mine, which I immediately jerked away.

"Leave us alone, please." I calmly requested her.

I know what she's trying to do. She wants to take Anushree's place, mami ji must've persuaded her to do this. I won't fall for this trap. Anushree owns all of me and my soul as well. In this lifetime and all the ones that will follow, I'm only hers. God can take her away from me, but can't take me away from her. We're a part of each other, no one can separate us.

"Jeeju-" She tried touching me again but I cut her off.

"Don't try to come close to me. I'm only Anushree's, understand? I will never be with anyone else." I spoke out the truth.