Chapter 17: The Red Rose!

Ryu: -_- Remind me why I agreed to let you be my coach again?

Lorelei: Hey, you said it yourself. Publicity would be a bother.

As they walked they saw Ash and Leaf.

Ash: Ryu!

Leaf: Hey man.

They all walked towards each other.

Leaf: Ah- Lorelei! You really are Ryu's coach here!

Lorelei: Well, I don't think he really needs it, I'm mostly just there to see the battling up close.

Ash: It's nice to meet you! My name is-

Lorelei: Ash Katchem, right?

Ash: You know my name?

Lorelei: Of course. You just had a battle as good as Ryu's with that Kingler.

Pikachu: Pika!

Lorelei: And you have a very nice Pikachu as well. Though I wonder where Gary is.

Leaf: Oh he's having a battle right now. Ash and I got though ours already.

Ash: Speaking of, after the League, may I please have a battle with you?!!

Lorelei: Aha, normally I don't have a battle with any other Trainers outside of Champion League Battles.

Ryu: Come on, you did it for me didn't you?

Lorelei: Uhhhh, well yes but you-

Ash: Please~?

Ash looked as if he was practically begging and with this Lorelei couldn't simply refuse.

Lorelei: Ohh, I guess it couldn't hurt. But only after the league.

Ash: ALRIGHT!!!

Trainer: CHECK THIS OUT!! THE MATCH IS ALMOST OVER ALREADY!!!

Ryu: What do they mean by already?

Leaf: Let's go check it out.

They all followed the commotion and got outside. They didn't see much, only a powerful blast of flames before smoke cleared up.

Announcer: IN RECORD TIME THIS TRAIER HAS DEFEATED ALL THREE OF HER OPPONENTS POKÉMON!!! 2 MINUTES WAS ALL IT TOOK!!!

Ash: 2 minutes?!!

Leaf: No way!

Ryu heard the sound of a powerful Pokémon and looked seeing a girl in a red hood returning it to a Pokeball.

Ryu: I didn't catch a glimpse of the Pokémon.

Lorelei: There are powerful Trainers in this tournament kids. You're seeing one now.

The girl walked down from the stage stretching.

???: That was a good warmup.

She took the hood off revealing her hair was a reddish shade of black and her eyes were a shining silver. She took out a small bag of cookies and was about to bite down in one before looking to the side seeing Ryu Gary Leaf and Lorelei.

???: Wait a second, you're that guy who trains Moltres!

Ryu: Yo.

She came up in a friendly manner.

???: I saw your battle, that Electabuzz has some power! The matches you two had were pretty good too!

Gary: Hold on, you saw all of our matches?