I. Hunted

Art: @_HaveSomeBlue_

"Get him!" They yelled behind him. He dodged around a tree hoping to lose his chasers.

"This is it Dream!" He heard one of them yell.

He was suddenly pushed to the ground, landing on his chest. The air that was once in his lungs escaped. He quickly took in a breath so he wouldn't be struggling, breathless. "I got him! Stay down, Dream!" The hunter above ordered.

"Get off!" Dream tried to shove the bandana guy off but the other two had arrived, helping pin him down.

"Get his axe!" The British hunter ordered.

He struggled under their grasp but with the three of them all pushing him into the dirt, his energy was wasted. Dream felt one of the hunters pulling his arms back to his lower back. He tried to resist but he was overpowered and he felt a scratchy rope being tied tightly around his wrists. "We got him." One of the hunters panted, brushing off his jeans as he stood up.

The weight on Dream's back started to lift, grabbing the rope that was in between his wrists. "Stand up." The hunter in black and white ordered Dream. Dream pushed himself up with the help of the hunter pulling him to his feet.

"Sapnap. That was a good tackle." The final hunter praised. He was not human having two black horns poking through his hood and thin black tail behind. He wore a black cloak that was trimmed in metallic red. His eyes glowed white under his hood. Dream remembered his name as BadBoyHalo or Bad.

"Agreed." The British hunter said. He was the shortest out of all of them. He had brown hair and a blue shirt. On his nose sat white clout goggles that hid two different colored eyes, one brown the other bright blue. His name was George.

"Thanks. It was easy." The hunter holding Dream's restraints smirked, twisting the ropes on Dream's wrist causing him to wince. His wrists would definitely be bruised if not bleeding when they came off.

This was Sapnap, the most air-headed of all three of the hunters. He believed he was better and smarter than the other two or even Dream. He wore a white shirt with a yellow and orange flame on the front and a black long sleeve underneath. He had a white bandanna wrapped around his forehead and black and white, checkered shoes.

Dream wore his casual attire. His bright green hoodie and his white smile mask that hid his identity-- because he was a common thief. He did have armor plating on but he only had one on his right shoulder. His dark blond hair was squished between his hood and his mask that hid intelligent green eyes that caught any bit of movement. Light brown freckles dotted his nose and cheeks but a few were lost to a long scar going from his left brow, over his nose, and down to the right side of his jaw.

"Alright. Let's get him to the palace." George said.

"Palace?" Dream asked, hoping he heard them wrong.

"Yup. The king doesn't like people stealing his stuff." Sapnap said, applying pressure to his wrists again.

"I didn't steal anything from the palace." Dream said quickly.

Never once did he go near the palace little alone go in to steal something. "Yeah, yeah. Save it for the king." George rolled his eyes.

"Wait. Let's see what the masked bandit really looks like." BadBoyHalo said, stepping up to Dream.

He was the only one that just about matched Dream's height. Dream tried to step away from the demon but Sapnap was behind making him cornered. BadBoyHalo reached out to Dream's mask, gripping the edge of the white disk by his forehead. Dream tried to pull away but the strap that kept the mask around his head slipped free, sliding over the top of his head and causing his hood to slide down the back of his head.

The mask fell from his face and into Bad's hands. Everyone gawked at his face that was now exposed to the light, causing his eyes to squint. "And there we have it, the exposed, masked thief, Dream." George gave Dream an evil smirk.

"Let's get out of here and to the palace before he escapes or something." Sapnap said, pushing him forward. The other two followed, tucking away Dream's axe and mask for evidence.

-

It was a few days after Dream had been caught. They would reach the palace tomorrow and he didn't want to find out what his punishment would be for a crime he never committed. The hunters had told him that he was going to be punished for stealing the deceased queen's crown. Never had he stolen the crown. That was too big of a job for him to do alone. He had tried to convince the hunters that he didn't steal the crown but they wouldn't believe him.

Currently, the three hunters were laying around the campfire in the dark. Dream was tied to a tree by his wrists which were red and swollen from days of being scratched. Sapnap and George were already asleep and Dream was pretending like he was even though he had a plan to escape.

Bad finally drifted to sleep after a couple of minutes. Dream opened his eyes and started to hack away at the rope that bound him to the tree with the dagger he kept in his sleeve. He was surprised they didn't check him for hidden weapons. The sharp blade easily cut through the rope releasing his wrists. He put the dagger back into its sheath on his forearm.

He rubbed his wrists to try and smooth the pain and stood up soundlessly. He was professional at staying light on his feet
He was able to sneak up on a mouse with his gentle steps. He grabbed his mask and axe from the hunter's things along with a bit of food. He was about to leave the camp, looking back at the crackling fire when something dropped down in front of him making his head snap back to the front to a tall man standing there.

He was tall, having to be at least 6'6. A pink pig mask sat on his nose and eyes. He had a long red cape behind him and a shiny gold crown on top of his head. He had gold jewelry hanging off of his pointed ears and around his neck. He wasn't human, having two large teeth that poked out from his bottom lip like a pig man and salmon pink hair. Dream recognized him as Technoblade, the king's general.

Dream quickly equipped his axe but Technoblade was faster, grabbing his wrist and twisting it so he dropped his axe. "Good attempt, Dream." He nodded. He spun Dream around and held his arm behind his back so he had full control of Dream with pain of his twisted wrist.

Technoblades' loud voice had woken up the other three, "Techno! I see that you got my message." Bad said.

"Just in time too. You almost lost the prisoner." Technoblade gestured to Dream, shoving him forward. Dream seethed in pain, trying to readjust and make Technoblade let go of his pained wrist. George got more rope from his stuff, while Sapnap retrieved the axe Dream had dropped. Technoblade took the rope George handed him and re-tied Dream's wrists together even tighter than before causing him to seethe again.

Technoblade checked Dream for the concealed weapons he carried, finding 2 knives and the dagger. "How about no more escape attempts. The king wants you alive so I'd hate to not fulfill his wishes." Technoblade smirked at Dream who just shot him a nasty glare. Technoblade grabbed his upper arm, redirecting him back to the tree and bounding him once again to it.