XXVII. Rebels (Part. 1)

"I have no idea what to do." Said a gruff voice. Dream opened his eyes. The window in the room was dark and an oil lamp sat on a desk in the small room. There was a sharp pain in his side as he shifted. He took a glance under his shirt. The wound was stitched closed and bandaged but it made him nauseous to even look at.

"We have to do something. Is my father even alive?" Asked a familiar voice of Tip. Dream recognized the other voice as Technoblade.

"I don't know. We haven't been able to even get it into the palace. It's like the palace in this bubble we can't get into." Technoblade said. Dream started to get up but winced from the pain in his side.

"It's probably from his magic. A spell of that large would need at least two sorcerers." Drista said from the other room. Dream saw new clothes on the nightstand and put them on. A black hoodie with black jeans. Dream had a feeling he knew who picked these out.

"The palace sorcerer. She must be helping him." Tip said. Dream put on the new clothing since his current ones were destroyed.

"So what do we do?" Drista asked.

"We fight power with power." Dream said from the doorway. Sapnap and Bad were standing by Technoblade. George was standing by the fireplace while petting a large mastiff dog. Tip and Drista were sitting on the back of the sofa.

"Dream. You're up." Tip said. She went over to him and helped him to a chair.

"Wilbur told me that another sorcerer can keep another sorcerer under control." Dream breathed.

"Yes and no." Drista said, "It depends on your skill level as a sorcerer. From what I've seen, Wilbur is very good. He has had plenty of time to perfect his abilities. The only way to get control over him would be if you surprised him. He probably wants you to challenge him so she can kill you."

"That we might be able to do. Wilbur probably thinks that you two are dead. You can sneak up on him." Technoblade said.

Dream then felt an odd surge of power to his left right where Tip was standing. Drista snapped her head in Tip's direction too. Tip looked at her hands and then back at Dream as she vanished from the room. "Tip!" Everyone yelled.

"Where did she go?" Technoblade asked in a panic.

"I don't know. It was a summoning spell. I think it was Wilbur. It felt like his magic." Drista said quickly.

"That bastard! I'm going to kill him!" Dream spat.

-

"Welcome back Princess." Wilbur grinned. She was in the throne room. Wilbur was sitting on the throne with a golden crown sitting on his head. The palace's old sorcerer stood by his throne. Her glass eye rolled around in her head.

"Wilbur?! How?" She stuttered. She reached for her sword but it wasn't there.

Wilbur chuckled, "You can't hide from me in my country. I know Dream and Drista are alive as well."

"Where is my father?" She glared.

"The king?" Wilbur chuckled, "You're looking at him. The previous king is dead. I am now the ruler of this nation. We can now begin the Sorcerer Succession and the downfall of mortals. Sorcerers will take over the world and I will be the most powerful."

"Dream and Drista will stop you." She said. There was a shake in her voice. Her father couldn't be gone.

"Oh princess," He pretended to sympathize. He stepped down from his throne and lifted her chin up with his index finger, "I'm counting on it. I can't wait to see Dream's face when I kill you in front of him. Now while he licks his wounds I will conquer this world." He turned to the palace sorcerer, "Tell every sorcerer that they are free. No more hiding. Any mortal who does not have power must be slaughtered."

"Yes my lord." She grinned.

"You can't do that! You will kill everyone! Mothers! Fathers! Children!" Tip called.

"Like what the previous king has done? Remember, he sent troops to kill Drista, a 7-year-old girl. You have no room to speak. I will show the mortals who are the superior species." Wilbur said, "You are dismissed, Princess. I have a feeling Dream will be dropping by soon so prepare yourself my dear." Two guards on either side of her and escorted her away from the throne room.