XIX. Honesty

They had the camp set up before darkness settled over the forest. Wilbur used his magic to start a fire and melted all of the snow around it with such heat that the melted water immediately evaporated. Tip could have sworn that the area was warmer around the fire like there was a bubble keeping the cold out and the heat in.

Tip was leaning up against a log watching the fire dance. Ranboo was out in the forest. He had never told her what he did when he went out on his own at night. She assumed he liked to speak to other endermen in the area.

Wilbur was on the other side of the campfire eating the food Dream made. Dream handed her some before sitting down next to her. They ate in silence before Wilbur used his magic to create a comfy area by summoning pillows and blankets. Tip thought he might as well summon a whole king sized bed.

Dream curled his lip in disappointment as Wilbur nestled himself in the comfort of his miniature pillow fort. "I'm sorry," Dream said softly after a bit of silence, "I don't think I ever apologized for shouting at you after we left the village. I was just angry that everything went so bad so quickly. You do know quite a bit."

Up until now, Tip had forgotten about that moment. "Thank you and it's all right. I understand." She smiled and looked up at his eyes. They glowed gold in the fire light as she studied his facial features. Her insides had another fluttering feeling and she could feel her cheeks getting hot. She looked away so he wouldn't see her cheeks redden.

"How do you feel about seeing your sister again?" She asked to spark up a conversation again after she got her emotions under control.

He sighed, "I don't know. It's been so long and I thought she was dead this whole time. It never occurred to me that she escaped and went into hiding." He crossed his arms and looked up at the stars, "I'm guessing someone told you about her because you didn't seem that shocked to find out I had a sister."

"You guessed right. Niki told me about your sister because I asked. I was trying to figure out who you were." She explained hoping he wouldn't get mad.

"Good. I was kinda hoping you wouldn't ask about it. She told you what happened?" He asked, completely stunning her with his response. She was glad that he wasn't upset about it.

"Yeah, she did. When I rule this nation that is going to be the first thing I fix. Sorcerers won't be hunted down and killed anymore." Tip assured him.

"Good to hear. Glad to know that I won't be hunted for much longer." He snickered. They watched the fire crackle for a while. The cold wind blew around the trees but wouldn't even blow around the flames in the center.

"You should get some sleep. I have a feeling that tomorrow is going to be a big day. I'll take first watch." Dream said softly. She nodded and yawned. She laid down on the dry forest floor and closed her eyes.