XIII. Traitor

Photo: By me

Ranboo walked up to the man standing in the alley a bit shyly, "What do you want, freak?!"

"⟟ ⍙⏃⌇ ⍙⍜⋏⎅⟒⍀⟟⋏☌ ⟟⎎ ⊬⍜⎍ ☊⍜⎍⌰⎅ ⏁⟒⌰⌰ ⋔⟒ ⍙⊑⏃⏁ ⟟⌇ ⎅⍜⍙⋏ ⏁⊑⟟⌇ ⏃⌰⌰⟒⊬?" Ranboo asked. (I was wondering what was down this alley?)

The man's face filled with confusion, "What did you say? Speak English!" He demanded.

"⟟ ☊⏃⋏'⏁." Ranboo shook his head. (I can't)

"Damnit Freak! Stop talkin't like that!" He spat, storming up to Ranboo. There was an arm that wrapped around his neck and pulled him to the ground. He struggled as Dream kept his strong grip on the man until he passed out from lack of oxygen.

"Let's go." Dream jogged down the alley and stopped at the corner of the building.

There were definitely people there, talking, "Now I just need the crown. That thief should be here soon."

"I can't believe that the Princess is actually out of the palace." Another male said.

Dream's eyes narrowed. They were talking about Tip and the crown. Did they have her already? The thief with the crown was here as well? Dream brought out his axe silently and slid on his mask and hood. He heard the small click of Ranboo's crossbow being loaded behind. He believed there were three men.

Easy to handle. Dream dashed out from his hiding spot. Quickly assessing the situation and then holding his axe to the neck of a burly man. The man was much more muscular than himself but he had the weapon. Ranboo stood next to him looking down at the ground.

Dream took a quick glance down and saw Tip sitting there with her wrists and ankles bound. She wasn't conscious. He was glad he was now between her and the man. "Is that Dream?" One for the other men whispered to another.

"I don't know. I hope not." He whispered back.

He might as well get some answers, "Who is the thief who stole the crown?" Dream asked, his voice full of demand.

"Wouldn't you like to know." The man laughed.

Dream pushed forward causing the man to back up from Tip and Ranboo. "I'd be careful with your words." Dream warned. Ranboo stood in front of Tip protectively.

"Wow Dream. I thought you were better than that." Spoke a familiar British accent, "I didn't think you could kill someone in cold blood." Wilbur walked out from the alley.

"Wilbur?" Dream hesitated for a second. The kidnapper took that chance to grab his arm and twist the axe out of his hand. He then easily shoved Dream's smaller figure to the ground and placed a heavy boot on his chest, pinning him down. One of the other men retrieved his axe and held it down to his face. The second grabbed Ranboo who still towered over him.

Wilbur smirked, "Guess you're not as good as you used to be, Dream."

"Wilbur? What are you doing?' Dream asked.

Wilbur crouched over Dream, "Simple," He pulled out a glittering crown covered in beautiful diamonds and sapphires, "Making a deal. Besides, you did more than what was asked." Wilbur nodded respectfully at the kidnapper.

Dream was trying to piece it all together, "Y-you stole the crown?"

"Very good, Dream. It's about time you figured it out." Wilbur teased, twirling the crown on his index finger.

"But why? You framed me?" Dream asked.

"I did." He answered simply, "See you took something from me, Dream." Wilbur's face hardened with hatred. "I can't tell you how badly I wanted to kill you when your back was turned. It would have made my life so much easier but I still had to make a name for myself. The one you took."