XXIV. Returned

Tip came out into the village she recognized all too well. It was the village with the festival several days ago. She rested her hand on the hilt of her sword in case she needed protection. People pointed and stared as she walked down the street. Ejin stayed by her heel as he watched the people with concern in his eyes.

"No way. Princess?" Asked a familiar voice. Tip turned to the sound and saw the hunter she knew all too well, Sapnap.

"Greetings Sapnap." She said. Ejin sniffed his shoes before wagging his tail.

"What are you doing here? Where have you been?" He asked.

"I will answer all questions later. I request that you and the other hunters take me back to the palace. I have to speak with my father." She said in her princess tone.

"Uh right. I'll take you to the others." He said and started to lead the way to the Inn. Sapnap brought her to a room with an open door. "Guys. You'll never guess who I found." He said with a chuckle.

The other hunters were in the room studying a map and Technoblade was explaining things to Bad and George. "Princess Tip?" They all asked at once.

"Hello." She waved.

"Hello princess." Said another voice. Tip glanced over and her face fell. "It is an honor to meet you." Wilbur grinned. Ejin snarled as he sat protectively by her side.

"Wilbur?! W-what are you doing here?" She looked at Technoblade, "What is he doing here?"

"You know him?" Bad asked.

"He is helping us track down Dream. The compasses stopped workin' so we needed an inside source and Wilbur says he knows Dream." Technoblade answered. "Now I have some questions for you like where have you been?"

"But he stole the crown! He framed Dream!" She snapped, completely ignoring Technoblade's question.

"Your Highness. I've done no such thing. I have changed for the better and want to help track down the evil menace with my brother. You must be dizzy. I will get you a room so you can rest and clear your head." Wilbur said and made his way to the door.

"Good idea Wilbur. We will head for the palace tomorrow and then once the princess is safe we can continue lookin' for Dream." Technoblade ordered before Tip could protest and rolled up the map.

Tip followed Wilbur. He didn't head to the front desk but to another guest room. "What are you planning, Wilbur? I can convince them that you stole the crown." Tip spat.

"Oh I'm sure. Which is why I'm going to make a deal with you, your highness." He said with a smug look, "I'm going to stick around for a while, keeping an eye on you. I am already cleared by the palace of any charges for hunting down Dream so I can get to know you super well."

Tip smirked, "Until I tell them."

"I'm glad you brought that up. You remember our good old friend Hank from the parallel dimension? Well if you don't behave he and his buddy sorcerers will kill everything in that cabin in the woods. Dream, Drista, and Ranboo will never stand a chance." He smiled with an evil grin.

Tip's eyes widened, "You wouldn't." Her voice shook.

Wilbur chuckled, "Care to find out? They would be super easy to kill right now since Dream doesn't know how to control his powers. They'd be dead before sunset." He smirked at her reaction, "So do we have a deal, princess? You will play as if nothing is wrong, even to Dream. I will read over all of the messages you send and you will pretend you are still looking for me. You will play it off to Techno that I have changed."

Ejin growled at Wilbur and that seemed to be the first time he noticed the dog, "Your mother will die too Ejin, so you better behave." The dog's ears went back and he whimpered.