⭒10⭒

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

***

(Y/N'S POV)

You had been walking for a while now.

The sky had gone dark, and the weather was much colder.

Your hand reached for the necklace around your neck.

*FLASHBACK*

~One month ago~

You jumped into Near's bed, shaking him awake.

"Tell me!! Tell me!! It's morning now, you promised!"

"Ugh, it's 6 am, Kat. Please go back to sleep." Near grumbled, trying to pull the bedsheets over his head.

You pulled the sheets off of him and threw them to the ground.
"Come on Near, tell me what it is!" you whined.

Near had been gone for the whole day yesterday, and he refused to tell you why until tomorrow, which was today.

"You said you would tell me today why you were gone the ENTIRE day yesterday." You impatiently pulled on his arm.

Near flashed one of his signature smirks. "Alright, alright, I'll show you. I was going to wait until after dinner, but you leave me no choice."

Near got out of bed and walked towards his clothes drawer, pulling out a vintage necklace box.
"I was out yesterday because I was fixing this up." Near sat next to you on the bed, flashing you a smile of pure love and adoration.

The necklace box was beautiful. Its age was quite evident, but it only added to its beauty.

Near slowly cracked open the box, revealing a stunning gold vintage locket.

"It's a family heirloom, passed down for generations. I was the last person to receive it after my grandmother gave it to me. It means a lot to me."

"Wow Near, it's beautiful" you were in awe. The locket was beautiful, and it was the first time that Near had mentioned one of his family members to you.

"I asked Roger if he could take me to a jeweller to fix this up. So I could give it to you." he smiled.

"Oh Near, it's beautiful, but I can't accept this. It's a family heirloom and it seems quite valuable." you couldn't believe that Near had considered giving you something that was so valuable and important to him.

Near laughed and cupped your cheek, stroking it gently.
"If I don't give it to you then who else should I give it to Kat? My grandmother gave it to me so I can gift it to my one and only true love. Which is you, there's no doubt about it."

You began to tear up.

Near was SURE that you were his true love. It baffled you how much you meant to him, never in a million years could you think someone would feel this strongly about you.