nic

danny's pov

"i really think you should at least go to the airport" cortlynn tells me.

"nah, no sense in making myself upset for no reason. like just to watch him get in a plane and fly away"

"he really needs you right now danny, and you know that" he says while trying to bust open his puff bar to charge it

"well i need him too, it's like i always have to be there for all his crazy decisions like moving to australia, but where is he for me?"

"what have you ever needed help or support for that he hasn't given you" he asked historically

"we'll, i guess your not wrong. but if i wanted to move to paris for fun do you think he would drop everything to come with me?"

"it's not like he wants to go to australia, that's just where his career is taking him right now. you knew from day 1 that his life is crazy but for some reason you still stuck around"

ugh i hate trying to argue with cort because he just constantly makes valid points against me.
but ofc it's good to have a friend who can tell you what you don't want to hear

"he just acts like a little kid, why can't he just go by himself"

"he obviously can go by himself danny but he doesn't want to. god for bid he loves you and wants to be around you" he rolled his eyes

"cortlynn have you read his messages" i look at him

"yeah he's mad at you because you're not showing him the support you usually do"

melos been super short with me over text lately.
how does that make me want to be with him let alone go to australia with him.

"can he get us some nic before he leaves at least" he asked

lamelos pov

i had to turn my hoodie backwards so the lakers logo didn't show.

"ok melo so how are you feeling about australia" courtney asked

"i'm very optimistic, and glad for this opportunity"

"are you looking forward to having jj with you" she asked

"oh yeah, im definitely grateful for jj and excited to train with him a lot up there"

"how do you think your different route to the nba is going to be beneficial in the long run"

yawn 🥱

i can't do this shit anymore

"basically just from doing my own thing and not taking the traditional route i feel like i'm gonna learn some things that not many people will experience"
i pull an answer out of my ass

"hold on i got a message" id do anything to get out of this interview

i grabbed my phone and left the room