i understand you

lamelos pov.

"ight bro i'm just gonna send it" i say taking a deep breath.

"you've been saying that for the past 3 hours, send the damn message or i will" dre says laying next to me.

"ok i'm fr gonna do it this time" i replied starting at my message.

next thing i know my phone was snatched straight from my hands.

"hey give my shit back" i say trying to grab my phone but dre held it out of my reach and sent the message.

"aww this is so cute melo, i didn't know you were capable of such softness" he says laughing reading the message.

"ok first of all it's not soft it's respectful girls like that" i defended myself.

the message read

"hey danny it's melo i just was wondering what you we're doing and if your settling in well. also if you ever need anything i'm happy to help. if you want i could show you around chino, like all the secret hangouts n shit."

"do you think it was dumb" i ask d , doubting myself.

"nah, like you said girls like that shit" he answered from the bathroom.

30 minutes pass and i hear a my phone ding. my heart was beating fast.

i hated feeling this way towards her, i barley even knew her.

it was jus they way she spoke to me, the clothes she wore , she was the only girl who didn't throw herself at me, just the way she carried herself in general. i've never seen anything like it, and i absolutely loved it.       

main bitch💕🤞🏼
heyy i'm glad u texted, i'm hella bored
but i feel like i cloud use a Tour Guide😌

me
great! meet me at the park?

main bitch💕🤞🏼
see you there.

"what do i wear tho?" i say scratching me head looking in my closet. "hmm i would go with clothes" d says smartly. "well shit why didn't i think of that" i respond. i decided on my blue and orange shorts with a bbb shirt. you can't go wrong there

"hey sweet thang" a soothing, slightly southern, voice says a couple feet away from me

i look up from my phone and my heart jumped like i've never seen her before.

"aw you think i'm sweet?" i say turning off my phone and laying it beside me.

"those shorts are sweet" she said sitting next to me.

"thanks there my favorite" i said watching her giggle about my response.

"oh so you was lying, i thought i looked good" i say throwin my hands up shaking my head.

"kid... you've never looked better" she says putting her hand on my shoulder. i just laugh at her and look away.

getting to know her more was amazing. she was even cooler then i thought before.

we were walking down the street when she asked me "so tell me about melo" "what do you mean" i asked.

"i know who 'lamelo ball' is but i wanna know you personally "she responded.

those words just hit so different, 'lamelo ball' and jus 'melo' we're 2 completely different people.

and she actually understood that. all the girls i've ever tried to be with were in love with the idea of my name, not me. this was just icing on the cake for danny.

"well i'm actually a pretty normal kid, i love fortnight, hangin with my friends, and hoopin" i answered her.

"being famous must suck ass" she said.

wowww this bitch really understands everything. it's almost to good to be true.

"ya for real, don't get me wrong i'm hella grateful for all my fans and everything i have but sometimes i wish i could just relax and have a childhood" i told her truthfully.

"yah no i understand" she says. finally someone. everything was absolutely perfect until "i feel like your best friend material" came out of her mouth.

the same very mouth i wanna kiss. but no, that's my best friend ig.....