my baby

"ok slow down and make a left up here" i tell my dad as he yawns.

"this girl must be crazy about you if she waking up this early" he replied making the right.

"i mean we're just best friends" i tell him.

"has she asked you for anything?" he asked me looking out the window.

"like what" i ask in confusion.

"don't be stupid son, i'm talking about money. you know how those pretty girls-" "dad no she's not like that at all" i  cut him off.

"she's basically, well she is rich." i tell him. "but regardless of how much she has, she would never ask me for anything" i explain to him.

"oh ight that's good, all i'm sayin is you act different about this girl and i don't want you to get heartbroken" he says.

"phhh, heartbroken" i repeat as i laughed a little.

"i'm serious son, a girl distracting you is the last thing we need right now" he tells me with hand jesters. "dad i'm not like in love with her." i tell him. "but make another left up here." i added.

we pull up to her huge house. "you weren't lying, she is rich huh" my dad says. "i never lie"

me
hey..i'm here 🙂take ur time tho💕

main bitch💕🤞🏼
such a gentleman aren't u?😌 omw out

me
💕
read 5:10

me and my dad were talking about the games coming up when the car door opened. me and my dad both jumped, we were so deep in the conversation it's like we forgot she was coming.

"hey guys" she says getting in. her presence brought in a fresh smell. she had air forces on (with actually weren't hella popular at this time) black shorts on and a plan red shirt with a gold necklace on. it was simply yet adorable yk?

it was so nice to see her again.

"whatssup danny! it's nice to finally meet the girl melo never stops talking about" my dad says loud and obnoxious as usual.

i just knew he was gonna embarrass me somehow, i just didn't know it would be his first damn sentence.

"it's nice to finally meet you to sir" danny replies. "call me lavar, or big baller" he says. "ok big baller" she replied with a smile.

i slumped down in my seat from embarrassment.

"so are you going to chino hills for your sophomore year?" he asked. finally a normal conversation.

"i'm actually not sure yet but i think my brother wants me to go to oakWood high" she replied.

"OAK WOOD?!" i practically yelled. "you, you, like you can't go there dan" i slurred my words out of confusion.

"it's not final yet but they have good volleyball" she says looking at me.

out of all the schools she had to pick oak wood. that's literally chino hills rivals.

"well chino kicks ass in basketball every year" i say crossing my arms

"we have long day ahead melo so let's keep it peaceful" my dad says laughing, turning up the radio that was connected to my phone.

i wasn't necessarily mad about her school choice, but why wouldn't she wanna go to school with me yk?

25 minutes later we pull into the gym parking lot. i looked at danny fast asleep in the back seat.