closeness

danny's pov
"so how do you feel about lamelo going to play over seas?" a girl courtney from the camera crew of 'ball in the family' asked me.

melo broke the news to me just yesterday, it really hasn't sunken in yet. i was really sad tho, but this is his dream. i'm proud he's going to such a higher level.

"well i'm happy for him" i honestly tell her. "how is this gonna affect the relationship tho?" she asked. "it's not going to" melo answered sitting next to me. "how do you feel about long distance, danny?" she directs the question to me. i didn't really wanna answer because to tell you the truth, i hate long distance. but all melos little fan girls were already on my ass for braking up with him the first time so i can't admit that to the show. "i think we'll try our best" i shoot a fake smile. "how many months do you think you'll make it through?" she grins at me. "come on courtney don't ask shit like that, we'll make it through the whole thing" melo tells her. i was really uncomfortable honestly, i'm not good at being put on the spot. "i don't wanna do this" i mouthed so only melo could understand. "please" he replies with his big brown eyes, i can never say no to them.

lamelos pov
i didn't wanna leave but i needed to do what i needed to, to get to the league. i've asked danny multiple times to come with me but she's turned it down every time. or relationship was just becoming perfect again and now we have another curve ball. seems like we never get a brake. i was super confident with long distance on my behalf, as for danny who knows. but if she's not gonna be there for me i guess she doesn't deserve me, some corny shit my mom said.

"do you ever worry about lamelo being so popular with the girls nowadays?" the crew asked danny. it made me cringe so hard. "no not really, i trust him" she simply tells them. "melo do you trust danny?" they ask me. "always" i answer. "are you yourself worried about what the distance may do to the relationship?" they ask me. "no not at all, i know for a fact imma always keep stay the same. i'd never switch up on her and i just trust she'd do the same" i tell them. "ok good, now danny how does your brother dorian feel about lamelo going overseas?" courtney asked. i sucked my teeth and leaned back in my chair, waiting for her explanation. "well if i'm gonna be honest dorian doesn't know anything about lamelo, i've tried to keep family and him separate. i now realize it wasn't the best decision" she bites the inside of her cheeks. "you can't put that in there, it makes it look like we're not even a couple" i tell courtney with my hands up. "ok melo i think this is a wrap" she tells me. danny was the first to get up and leave, i of course followed.

"where ya going?" i asked her while she put her shoes on. "i have school tomorrow, us normal kids with normal lives need sleep" she responded. "well stay with me" i grab her backpack so she couldn't leave. "i cant do that anymore, i have no more cover ups" she grabs her bag out of my hand. "bye i love you" she kissed my cheek. "daniel i'm only here for a week and you don't wanna spend it with me" i whined, i clearly made her feel guilty. "what am i gonna tell my family, they know i don't have anymore friends besides you" she tells me. i stood there thinking of a solution. "you go home, i'll wait til 12pm and ill climb the tree next to your window and come through your window" i felt proud of my plan. she laughed slightly before asking "how'd you know there's a tree by my window". i just stared at her with a 'got me' smile. she grabbed my hand "see you at 12 then bubba" "wait actually?" i asked surprised. she never let's me in her house. "yeah" she confirmed. "ok see you there then" i say exited.

danny's pov
"come on nigga you can't do that shit" gionni throws his cards on the table. "bro it's been a rule since like the 1800s" dorian argued. "uno wasn't a thing in the 1800s dip shit" gionni raises his voice. "both of you are shit, me and danny are goats" zay laughs at them both. "exactly what he said" i add. "bull fucking shit, i'm going to bed" gionni shakes his head. "good night princess" dorian messes with g. "i'm right behind him guys, lock the door before you go to bed. love you dan" zay says kissing the top of my head. "oh wow love you to zay" dorian crosses his arms. "don't worry dor, i love you kid" i laugh making him smile. "good night babe" he says heading up stairs.