8 Ready for something new

Roman POV

Reluctantly, I left Y/N in her room so she could freshen up. In the meantime, I made my way to my room to shower and change before we went to breakfast together.

It was really hard for me to comprehend what this wonderful woman had already been through in her life. But I also knew that it made her the person who had come into my life so unexpectedly.

Something in me just wanted to protect Y/N and help her start a new life. However, I didn't have the slightest idea why. I just had the feeling that she would play an important role in my life. It didn't matter if we had only seen each other for the first time three months ago and only started to talk to each other one month ago.

For me, she was an angel sent to me from the heavens. A single glance at this special woman was enough to convince me of that. And I would do everything in my power so that she would remain a part of my life.

I trusted her and I was quite sure that she also trusted me. Because I don't think she would have confided her secret to me otherwise. It must have cost her an enormous amount of strength and courage. I would have liked to know what she had dreamed about last night. Whatever it was, it seemed to have changed a lot in her thinking.

"Hey buddy, where did you disappear to so quickly last night?" Seth suddenly asked me as I turned a corner and was about to unlock the door to my room.

"Hey, it's a long story and I really don't have time right now. I'm meeting Y/N for breakfast. I'll see you later," I replied.

"That's good for you. It's about time! I couldn't stand the way you were staring at her from afar anymore!" he chuckled.

"I did not!" I growled defensively.

"Yeah right. Just keep telling yourself that. I hope things work out between you guys. But you already know that someone is not going to be happy about this at all." he replied as a little warning.

"Oh come on, Seth. She knows I'm not interested. What's she going to do?" I said.

"That hasn't bothered her so far. Even after you told her you weren't interested, it didn't change the fact that she was constantly trying to flirt with you," Seth said.

I sighed heavily, because I realized that he was right. But what could I do about it if she just didn't understand.

"You have a point. I'll be careful and talk to Y/N about it. Now please excuse me." I replied.

I quickly jumped into the shower and then got ready for my date. The smile did not leave my face for a second. I could hardly wait to see Y/N again.

When I was satisfied with my sight in the mirror, I made my way back to Y/N's room. I had promised her that I would pick her up there.

"Good morning big man. You're in a hurry." I heard the voice of the woman I would have preferred to avoid.

"Morning, Brenda. Yes, excuse me, please. I have a date." I said and pressed the button from the elevator. But unfortunately, I wasn't lucky enough for it to come right away.

"You have a date? At nine in the morning?" she asked a little snidely.

"So?" I replied as I crossed my arms in front of my chest and without looking at her.

"Oh, nothing... that's nice. I'm just surprised. Didn't you say you weren't interested in dating right now?" she said as she took a few steps towards me.

The elevator dinged and I quickly went inside and pressed the button with the number to Y/N's floor.

"Well, I said I wasn't interested in dating you. Have a nice day." I replied as I pressed the button to close the door faster before she got the idea to follow me into the elevator.

I sighed deeply and rolled my eyes. Seth was really right. This woman really didn't understand. Or maybe she thought I was playing hard to get. Whatever it was. I had to tell Y/N what was going on. Just in case Brenda was planning some stupid thing.

All that was really not important at the moment though. I needed and wanted to focus completely on Y/N right now. That was the most important thing. There was no way I was going to mess this up. It was too important. An important step, not only for Y/N but also for me.

I quickly knocked on her door and waited impatiently for her to appear. After a few seconds, the door opened. Y/N looked up at me and gave me a shy smile.

"Ready?" I asked as I extended my hand to her.

"Yes, I'm ready!" she replied as she placed her hand in mine.

From the sound of her words, I knew they meant more than the answer to whether she was ready to go.

"I'm ready too." I replied softly as I pulled her close and placed a kiss on her forehead.

When I said those words, I immediately felt how true they felt.