29 Reveal

It rang at the door just as I was making myself a snack. Since Roman was in the shower, I had no choice but to waddle to the door and see who it was.

"Vanessa, hi!" said as I opened the door and one of Roman's sisters stood in front of me.

"There's the baby mama! How are you?" she asked as she walked in and gave me a hug.

"I am doing fine. How are you? What brings you here? I thought I'd see you at the baby shower later?" I wanted to know.

"I'm perfectly fine. I'm just here to bring you this." she replied, holding a gift bag in front of my face.

"What's this?" I asked as I took the bag in my hand.

"This, my dear sister-in-law, is your outfit for the party. We picked it out together with Mom. It fits the theme. We hope you like it." she said excitedly.

"Oh that's so great of you guys! Thank you." I said as I pulled the contents out of the bag.

A beautiful dress came to light. It was lavender with white lace. I gently stroked my fingers over the fabric and was totally touched. It was really sweet how much effort they put in for us and how much thought they put into the details. Again and again during the last weeks Roman's sisters had called me to talk about one thing or another or to ask me for my opinion. But without revealing too much. They wanted the result to be a big surprise for me and Roman.

"You're welcome. I have to get going again. Summer is already waiting for me. And Marytza is picking up the cake right now. I'll see you later, sweetie. Tell Roman to not be late." she replied, and then gave me a kiss on the cheek.

She then went on her way again. I looked at the dress in my hands once more. It made me very curious what the theme was, but luckily I only had to wait a few more hours.

"Who was at the door, angel?" asked Roman standing in the bedroom in nothing but a towel wrapped rather loosely around his hips.

"It was Vanessa. She brought me a surprise. Look!" I said, showing him the dress.

"Wow, that looks great. I can't wait to see you wear it. Although I definitely prefer less." he replied as he wrapped his arms around me and my baby bump.

"I feel the same way about you, mister. Too bad I have to take a shower to get ready for the party. You took forever, Romeo," I replied as I stood on my tiptoes to kiss him.

"You don't usually complain when I take my time." he smirked as his hands rubbed over my hips.

"That's true. Maybe you should just join me in the shower." I said and pulled him closer to me.

"I've just finished," Roman replied.

"So?" I asked, at the same time loosening the towel he was wearing.

-----

"Welcome to your baby shower!" said Summer as she opened the double doors for Roman and me, and we got our first look at the room and decorations.

"Oh my goodness!" I gasped.

Everything looked absolutely perfect. They had decorated everything in lavender and white. Lace details could be seen everywhere. It seemed like they had really thought of everything. Even the food and beverages matched the color theme.

Vanessa joined us and put a beverage in everyone's hand before Summer asked for attention to make a toast.

"As you may have guessed, Y/N, the theme for today is lavender and lace. We're all so happy to have you as part of our big, crazy family. And we can't wait to welcome the newest member of the family. I guarantee that not only Roman, but all of us will spoil your daughter. We love you, Y/N and Roman. And we love your nugget." 

Everyone started cheering and clapping. It was really magical. I was so lucky.

Tears of joy slowly ran down my cheeks as Roman put his arm around my waist and gave me a kiss on my hair. Words were not necessary, because I knew he was as moved as I was.

We spent the afternoon playing silly games, eating and drinking, and of course unpacking gifts. Among them was a very special gift. It was a hand knitted blanket with our daughter's initials. A.H.R.

Roman's mom had insisted on knowing at least the first letters of her name, because she wanted to be able to give her gift a personal touch. And she succeeded. It was absolutely perfect and I would treasure the blanket forever.

"So... you promised us that we would find out her name today. I can't stand the suspense any longer." Mom said at one point.

"Well, we thought about it for a long time because we wanted a beautiful name that has a special meaning. Finally we found the perfect name for our princess and we think you will love it as much as we do.

When we welcome our daughter into this world in about 8 weeks, she will be named Anastasia Hope Reigns. Anastasia means resurrection and Hope I don't have to explain to you. This name perfectly represents the path that Y/N and I have walked to stand here before you today," Roman explained to the family and our friends.

I looked up at him and saw how proud he was. So was I. For both of us, the name for our nugget meant a lot. Just like the ring on my finger, the name and our little one represented the past, the present, and most importantly, the future.