27 Breakfast in bed

As quietly as I could, I went back into the bedroom and saw with contentment that Roman was still fast asleep. Smiling, I put the tray with the prepared breakfast on my bedside tables before I very carefully crawled into bed.

Then I slid close to the side of my sleeping husband. I lifted my hand and brushed a few hairs from his face. He looked so peaceful when he slept. Normally I found it nice to just watch him sleep, but today I had no patience for that.

I leaned toward him and kissed his cheek until I reached his ear. Then I began to whisper, hoping it wouldn't take long for him to wake up.

"Good morning Romeo. Wake up birthday boy." I whispered while stroking his cheek at the same time.

Roman groaned a little, but didn't wake up yet. I frowned and tried again.

"I have gifts for you, my gorgeous husband. And I made you breakfast." I breathed into his ear.

This time I had more success, because slowly his eyelids began to flutter.

"Hey, good morning my love! Happy birthday!" I said and leaned in to give him a kiss.

"Good morning angel and thank you. What smells so good in here?" replied Roman as he sat up in bed and leaned against the headboard.

"Well... I made you a very special birthday breakfast. You can choose whatever you want. I made pancakes, bacon, hash browns, scrambled eggs, sausage and toast. There is coffee and juice. Whatever your heart desires." I said.

"You are amazing, Y/N! How did you and the nugget sleep?" he wanted to know as he put one arm around my shoulders while the other rested on my now 20 week baby bump.

Roman was so proud every time our little one moved. What he didn't know yet was that his breakfast contained another surprise.

"Oh we slept well. Now let's eat before it gets cold. What do you want?" I said as I broke away from him and brought the tray to us on the bed.

"This all looks so great. I don't even know where to start." he praised.

"May I suggest the pancakes, Romeo? They contain a special surprise for you." I suggested, waiting for his reply.

"I love your pancakes." replied Roman.

"Then pancakes it is," I said as I pushed the plate towards him.

"But what's surprising about that, angel?" he asked as he cut himself a piece.

"Oh just look real close." I laughed.

I watched as he looked very closely at the cut pancakes. He looked a little confused. Maybe it was a little too early in the morning for puzzles.

"Why are they pink?" he wanted to know, looking at me.

"Well...." I said, then meaningfully put a hand on my stomach.

"Oh my god! Are you serious?" he gasped and immediately dropped his fork.

In the next second, I was in his arms. 

"We're getting a little princess? This is absolutely amazing. I'm so happy, angel." he said as he emphasized word for word with a kiss on my lips, nose or cheeks.

"Yes, we do. After the doctor couldn't see anything last time and you were so disappointed, I went back yesterday and had an additional ultrasound. I was hoping to have better luck this time because I thought how nice it would be to surprise you for your birthday. And it actually worked!" I explained to him as I took his hands in mine and gently placed them over the spot where I could feel our nugget.

The young lady obviously wanted to congratulate her daddy on his special day, too. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Roman later became her favorite. Daddy's girl through and through. She took after me on that one. He was my favorite person, too, after all.

"That's the best birthday present anyone could get, angel. I love you. And Nugget of course. Thank you so much." Roman then said.

"I love you too, Roman. But that's not all for today. Later this afternoon we will have a party with your family. And I have other gifts for you," I replied proudly.

"Really? When did you plan all this?" he wanted to know.

"I've had enough time doing the week when I was alone. But... since I'm not supposed to travel so much from now on, I'll be home a lot. And since you're on Smackdown now, it wouldn't make sense to work for Raw anymore anyway. And as soon as the Nugget is born, I'm sure I'll have enough to do with her. So I think it would be best to quit," I explained.

"You can do whatever you want, Y/N. I supported you in every decision. And honestly, I have to admit that I didn't like that you were traveling alone all the time," he replied.

"I know what you mean. I didn't like it either. But enough of that now. Nugget is hungry. And you need to eat too, birthday boy," I said, and then gave him another kiss.

Then we shared the now almost cold breakfast, but we didn't care. The moment had been just too beautiful to worry about it.