9 Spending time

"I'm so glad we have time for this. It's such a beautiful morning and I haven't done anything like this in ages," I mused as Roman and I walked hand in hand down the street, looking for a place to have breakfast.

It felt so nice to hold his hand. So natural and not a bit forced. I was aware of what a roller coaster the last 24 hours had been, but I could say with certainty that it felt right to take this leap.

"I know, and I'm glad to be able to spend time alone with you," Roman replied as he looked down at me and gave my hand a light squeeze.

We found a café not far from the hotel and ordered coffee. Since we both couldn't decide what to eat, we simply ordered two different dishes and decided to share them.

As we sat next to each other at the table, something Roman insisted on so he could put his arms around my waist, we talked about many different things. Even about James and Eric. Although it was hard for me to talk about them, it was really good not to have to hold anything back anymore. And it was nice to share my thoughts and memories with Roman. I think this way it was easier for him to understand me.

Of course, we also talked about his marriage and why it had failed in the end. I could tell that it was hard for him, but he tried his best to be strong. In the end, it was probably the fact that he was away so much and rarely spent time at home that caused their relationship to fail.

"How are the eggs?" I asked as I sneaked a piece from his plate.

"Really good. How are the pancakes?" he then wanted to know.

"Have a taste." I said, cutting him a piece and feeding it to him.

"Woah. Those are some good pancakes." He praised with his mouth full.

"True, but mine are better." I replied with a laugh.

"Yeah? You'll have to prove that to me when you get a chance, angel!" he said, winking at me.

"I'll be happy to do that," I promised him.

"I know the timing is really not the best, but I have to tell you something. I just want you to know what it's about in case she approaches you." he began after we finished eating.

"What do you mean?" I asked, confused.

"Well, there's this woman from the production team who keeps flirting with me. Even though I've told her many times that I'm not interested, she won't let go. Her name is Brenda. I don't know if you've had to deal with her before," he began.

"Hmmm... no, I don't think so." I said after a moment's thought.

"Well, anyway, she came up to me earlier and was surprised when I told her I had a date. I was hoping that she would understand that I am not available. But somehow I have my doubts. She is really persistent. If she gives you any trouble, please tell me immediately." he continued.

"How long has she been chasing you?" I wanted to know.

"Oh, it started shortly after the divorce. She just doesn't want to understand." he replied.

"Wow, she must be really determined. Are you sure you don't want anything from her?" I asked, a little insecurely.

"Y/N, listen... you are the only one who touched my heart. No one else." he said in a firm voice as he lifted my chin so I had to look him in the eye.

"Okay, Ro. I just wanted to be sure." I whispered.

"I understand that. And just so you know...if you want me, you got me. I mean it. Y/N angel, you had me wrapped around your finger from the first moment." he said softly.

"You're sure?" I asked just as softly as I looked at his full lips.

"More than sure!" he murmured as he leaned closer to me.

When our lips finally met, it was the most beautiful feeling I could imagine. Butterflies as big as airplanes fluttered in my stomach. This sweet kiss lasted only a few seconds, but when Roman rested his forehead against mine, I knew that this was only the first of many to come.