18 Happiness and love

Roman POV

"Angel? I'm back!" I called as I entered our new home.

Despite the fact that there were still unpacked boxes everywhere and it was still very messy, it already felt like home. We were both glad that we had quickly agreed on a house and we had managed to get everything wrapped up before Christmas. And to be honest, Y/N and I didn't care if we celebrated Christmas in the middle of moving boxes and chaos, as long as we were together.

I heard noise coming from the kitchen and realized that the people who were installing the new kitchen were already there. That surprised me a little, because I hadn't seen a car outside.

"Hello gentlemen. You're here already? Earlier than I expected. I didn't see your car at all." I greeted the workmen as I walked into the kitchen.

"Hello sir, yes, we called the lady of the house and asked if it would be okay if we started early. She had no problem with that. Our colleague is on his way to pick up the appliances right now. If everything goes smoothly, we'll be done tonight and won't have to come back tomorrow," the supervisor explained to me.

"Great. I'm glad it all worked out so well before Christmas," I replied, and then went off in search of Y/N.

I went into the bedroom and I almost had a stroke. It looked as if a bomb had hit. There were clothes and shoes everywhere. Bedding and towels were lying around, as were books and other odds and ends.

"Woah! What happened? Are you okay?" I asked as I saw Y/N running around the room like a madwoman, obviously looking for something.

"I can't find my necklace!" she cried, rubbing her hands over her face in frustration.

"What do you mean? You were wearing it this morning, weren't you?" I replied as I immediately began to help her find it.

"I know. I took it off to go take a shower. Right after you left. I thought I put it on the nightstand, but it's not there. This is driving me crazy, Ro! I couldn't have lost it!" she sniffled as she came over to me and wrapped her arms tightly around my middle.

As she rested her head against my chest, I gently rubbed her back, hoping she would calm down a bit.

"We'll find it. There's no need to panic. It can't be far." I said softly, giving her a kiss on the top of her head.

"Okay..." sighed Y/N as she broke away from me.

I went to her side of the bed and started looking for the necklace. On the inside, I started to panic myself, because I had been quite sure that I had put the necklace right back in its place. God, this was all my fault. All I wanted was to surprise her and now she was having a panic attack because I was too stupid to pay attention.

I quickly turned on the flashlight on my phone and scanned everything. Luckily, I soon saw something shimmering.

"Baby, come here. I think I've got it. Hold this." I said to her and handed her the phone.

Then I took the lamp from the nightstand and pushed the heavy furniture aside. The necklace had slipped right between our new bed and the nightstand.

"Oh my God!" gasped Y/N as she bent down and picked up her beloved piece of jewelry.

"Everything okay again?" I asked as I put everything back in place.

"Yes, I am so relieved. Thank you Romeo." she said as she threw herself into my arms.

"Me too. That would have made everything very complicated otherwise." I muttered.

"What? What do you mean by complicated?" asked Y/N.