24 Dizzy

"So how was your date yesterday morning with your husband?" asked Alexa as I was doing her makeup.

"It was great. Like always, actually. He just knows how to cheer me up." I replied and smiled as I thought about Roman and our date.

"Why did he have to cheer you up?" she wanted to know.

"Oh um... it's just.... we were both really excited about something, but it didn't turn out the way we thought it would," I explained to her.

"Oh... I'm sorry. Are you all right? You look a little glum." she replied as she looked at me more closely.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Breakfast dates with Roman always help." I said and continued.

"Are breakfast dates your thing?" she asked with a grin.

"Yeah, kind of worked out that way.You know with the shows and everything it's always or almost always hard to find time for it in the evenings. And so it's become kind of a tradition for us, you know." I replied and then reached for the setting spray.

But then I had to support myself on the table because I suddenly felt dizzy. I noticed how I swayed slightly. So I closed my eyes for a moment and took a deep breath.

"Woah. Are you really okay?" asked Alexa as she held me by the arm.

"Yeah. I've just been so busy all day that I've barely had time to breathe. I think that's why I didn't drink enough water. And the cramps aren't helping either. Let's get you ready. The boss is next." I explained to her and finished my work.

After Alexa left, I took the opportunity to quickly drink a bottle of water. The last thing I wanted to do was mess up Stephanie's makeup because I would get dizzy again.

"There she is! Mrs. Reigns, how are you?" asked Stephanie as she joined me in the makeup room in a good mood.

"Hey boss. I'm doing fine. Any special requests today?" I asked.

"No, just the usual. Maybe a little more sparkle on the eyes." she replied as she sat her down in the chair.

I bent down to grab the bottle of matching foundation color from my trolley as I felt dizzy again. But this time it was a little worse, as I blacked out very briefly.

"You are clearly not alright. Sit down." said Stephanie immediately when she saw what was going on.

"Stephanie, I don't have time to sit down," I replied.

"That wasn't a request, Y/N!" she said sharply.

I sighed in displeasure, but did what she said anyway. The last thing I wanted to do was contradict my boss.

"What's wrong?" she wanted to know.

"Nothing. I just didn't drink enough today because I was so busy. And I haven't eaten since breakfast with Roman." I said as I reached for my water bottle.

"Hmmm... are you sure that's all?" she then asked, looking at me in an examining way.

"What do you mean?" I wanted to know.

"Well, could it be that you are pregnant?" she replied.

"I wish!" I mumbled and lowered my head.

"What do you mean?" she then asked.

"We thought I might be pregnant. I was late, but before I wanted to take the test, I got my period." I explained to her and again disappointment gripped me.

"Oh I'm sorry about that, Y/N. I know how it feels. Can I ask you something?" replied Steph.

"Of course," I said.