Chapter 2

Sophie and Keefe stared at the blonde-haired boy. He looked a lot older than Alora, around 15 years old. He looked almost exactly like Keefe, except for his brown eyes. 

"What do you mean 'another one'?" he asked, confused. 

"Umm..." Sophie looked at Keefe for help. He shrugged. 

"Just that another one of you was awake." Sophie finally answered. 

"Oh." the boy responded. 

"Kenric!" Alora shouted and jumped out of Keefe's arms to hug her brother. 

"Kenric?" both Sophie and Keefe said. They looked at each other with wide eyes. Sophie couldn't believe they had named their son after Kenric. Her eyes started to tear up and Keefe pulled her into a hug. She buried her face in his shirt.

After a couple of seconds, Sophie looked up to see Kenric staring at her, bewilderment written all over his face. 

Sophie just ignored it, quickly wiped her eyes, and said, "So how about some breakfast?"

Both Kenric and Alora nodded and followed Sophie and Keefe out the door of their bedroom.

They walked downstairs to see that the gnomes had already prepared food for them. They all sat down at the table. Just as Sophie and Keefe were about to start eating, Alora said, "Aren't we going to wait for Ashton?"

"Ummmm... why don't you go get him?" Sophie responded slowly after shooting a mystified look to Keefe. 

Alora hopped out of her seat and ran back up the stairs to the second floor, the one right below the floor Keefe and Sophie's room was on. She emerged five minutes later, dragging an 11-year old boy, by the look of it. He was very tall, taller than Kenric and gaining on Keefe, and had blonde hair, like all the other children in their family. But his eyes were quite interesting. They had swirls of blue and brown mixing with each other, like partially-mixed cake batter or a marble. 

"Great. There's another one. Why did Keefe and I have so many kids in this dimension?? I swear if there's another one, I'm going to-" Sophie mumbled under her breath before being interupted by Alora.

"What did you say mommy?" 

"Nothing." Sophie said, pasting on a smile. Keefe caught her eye and gave her a concerned look. She shook her head at him and looked away. 

"Okay. So who's ready to eat?"

"Me!" everyone responded, including Keefe. Sophie chuckled and they started eating. When they had finished, everyone went back to their rooms. 

Once they had gotten back into their room, Keefe sat on the bed and Sophie followed. 

"Foster, are you okay? You're sending off some pretty intense emotions, one of which includes the urge to hurl." Keefe asked.

"Sorry." Sophie responded, clearly disengaged, moving herself to the other side of the bed. Keefe moved over to sit beside her again.

"I didn't ask you to move. I asked you to tell me what's wrong."

"It's nothing. I'm just scared we won't find a way home. What if we're stuck here forever? We don't even know where we are, for darn's sake! I don't know if I could handle the responsibility of three kids. Why did we decide to have so many darn kids anyways? What was this reality's us thinking?!" 

"I have no clue. But I do know that, if anyone can get us out of this, it's you. Oh, and, you've handled way more responsibily than a few kids. You're the moonlark! On the bright side, if we do end up stuck here, you'll be a great mom."

"I just wanna go home." Sophie whispered. 

"I know." Keefe said as he pulled her into a one-armed hug. Sophie laid her head on his shoulder and sighed. 

"Can I name her? Please?" Alora asked as she burst into the room. 

"Name who? Alora, what are you talking about?"

"The baby in your belly, mommy."

For the first time since getting to that dimension, Sophie glanced down at the bedside table. On it was a list of names, and at the top, a title saying 'Names for the new baby'. Sophie gasped and jolted up. She ran to the bathroom to look in the mirror and, lo and behold, there was a subtle and very slight bump. Sophie gasped again and put her head in her hands. No no no no no. This cannot be happening, she thought.

"KEEFE!" she screamed. He came running into the bathroom with a distressed look on his face.

"I'm guessing this has something to do with the 'baby in your belly', as Alora put it."

Sophie nodded and held out her arms for a hug. Keefe walked into them and wrapped her in his arms.

"It's gonna be okay. We'll get out of this mess before anything happens."

"How do you know that for sure? We don't know how long we're going to be here."

"You're right. But there's no reason to worry about it." 

"You sound like Alden."

"Yeah, that's what I was going for." Keefe flashed his signature smirk. Sophie laughed.

"I guess you're right."

"Of course I am! I'm always right." 

Sophie swatted at Keefe's hair but he dodged.

"Wait! No! Not the Hair! I'm sorry!" Keefe yelped as Sophie chased him around, trying to catch him. 

She chased him out of the bathroom and back into the bedroom where she cornered him so that his legs were against the bed. He laughed and held his hands up in surrender.

"Just promise not to hurt the Ha-" he started before his eyes went wide and he started to say something else.

"Foster, watch-"

Sophie had completely forgotten that Alora was in the room until she came up behind Sophie and pushed her forward into Keefe. Keefe fell back onto the bed, bringing Sophie with him. They had landed with Sophie directly on top of Keefe, as expected. Sophie looked down at Keefe with wide eyes, his expression mirroring hers. They both blushed due to their compromising situation. After a second of staring, Keefe started to chuckle and Sophie joined him shortly after. Within a minute, they were both full-on laughing. Sophie had rolled off of Keefe and they were now both on their backs.

Alora jumped up onto the bed and bounced, laughing too, most likely only because her parents were. After they had calmed down, both Keefe and Sophie sat up. 

"Kiss!" Alora cheered. 

"Ummmm..."