Classified...

I had worked relentlessly through the stacks of files and now had only a few left to go. Although even along with the notes I had found of Loki's scribbled on a page, I just couldn't see what he was talking about.

How could they live in apocalyptic conditions when everyone died?

I pushed myself back into the chair, letting my head drop groaning out in frustration.

Letting out a huff I grabbed a file on the variant and studied it. "Oh my goodness...Don't tell me it ambushed and killed yet another team of minutemen!" I gasped sarcastically, "And stole their reset charges as well. How shocking." I threw the file across the table, rubbing my hands over my face.

"This is impossible." I grumbled.

I furrowed my brows together as something dawned on me. Every one of the field missions that had went wrong. They had all been signed off by someone called Renslayer. Did she have something to do with this? There's no way the Variant could be killing all these minutemen just for sport. Could it? Loki's were known to be mischievous...not bloody thirsty killers.

"What the hell have I got myself into?" I sighed.

"Shhh!"

I stilled. Reluctantly turning in my chair to find a woman with a hard scowl sitting behind a desk at a computer. She was typing ferociously and I was wondering what the keyboard had done to deserve that kind of treatment.

I got up and walked over to her, smiling politely I greeted her. "Hi"

She ignored me.

Rude.

I dinged the bell that was on the ledge of the desk, slowly she looked from the screen to me.

"Can I help you?" She barked at me.

"Ah hi. Yes I'm on some important TVA business actually. A follow up on a field mission gone wrong. You know how it is." The woman continued to stare at me with a blank expression on her face, "Ah, as I was saying. Yes we red lined near the apex and..."

She chuckled lightly, "Well, thats never good."

I shook my head, "No. It's not, so I'd like some files to help with my research."

"Go on..."

"Perhaps some files pertaining to the creation of the TVA? Please..." I used my best puppy dog eyes as I fluttered my eyelashes.

This was a long shot. For sure.

"Those are classified."

"Oookay. Then perhaps files pertaining to the beginning of time then?" I raised my eyebrows and nodded.

"Classified."

I huffed out, "The end of time then?"

She looked out over her glasses at me, letting out a loud huff to make her point that her patience was wearing thin.

"Let me guess...Classifed?"

She nodded.

"Ugh. Ok, then what files can I have?" I sighed.

She led me through aisles of the library finally halting at a tall bookcase. She reached in fumbling around the files before pulling out two in particular.

"Happy reading." She smirked, reaching me the papers before walking off.

I looked at the top file. 

'Variant Case File. Loki Laufeyson.'

I sighed. Moving it to look at the next file.

'Variant Case File. Y/N Y/LN'