The Void...

I scrambled to my feet, quickly creating some space between myself and these new found strangers. I glanced around, to a land I really didn't recognise.

I squinted, trying to zone in on a large building in the distance that looked ruined, but somehow still familiar. I took a few steps towards it almost in disbelief. My heart hammering in my chest when I realised exactly what it was.

The compound.

I spun on my heels, looking at the Variants. "What is this place? Where are we? Wait who even are you?"

The older looking Loki answered me. "This is the void. That's Alioth and we are his lunch if we don't hurry up. Now come on!" He ushered me along as the large dark purple cloud behind us bellowed out a roar. I glanced over my shoulder and watched on as it engulfed a building, leaving nothing to spare as it passed bye where it had once been. I swallowed hard and picked up the pace.

We had set off on foot in the opposite direction from it at a hasty pace.

"How did I get here?" I questioned them.

"You were pruned." The younger version of Loki replied.

"Pruned?"

"Yes. Pruned and you end up here. Into the void at the end of time."

"So...we are stuck here? At the end of time?" I scoffed, tripping over the rough terrain that was foreign to me.

"Nothing ever comes back from here. Just so you know," The older Loki informed me.

I pulled on the brakes, "I suggest we take a breather. Just you know so I can ask several thousand questions," I panted, placing my hands on my knees.

They shook their heads at me. "No can do. Gotta keep moving so we don't die." The Loki variant carrying Mjolnir said.

"Ok but what is the plan?"

"Don't die."

"Beyond that? You have to have a plan!"

"We don't die. It's a general means of living. If you're a Loki you should always..."

The older Loki was cut off by the noise of birds squawking. I stumbled back from them, these were no ordinary birds. They were a vibrant mixture of blue and purple feathers, but the weird part was. Where their head was, was a floating ball or orb instead? One ran through my legs, startling me and I hit the ground with a small thud.

With that my temper spiked, "Will someone please explain to me what the hell is going on?" I half yelled, chancing a peek over my shoulder at Alioth.

I sighed, rubbing my temples. "I'm sorry but it's been a very, very trying few days...I think? Weeks? Months? I...Look I don't even know how long it has been since the funeral. All I know is I got pruned. I woke up here in this...this waste land surrounded by Variants of my soulmate who is apparently not dead. Plus an alligator? Which..." I pointed at it, "I honestly don't find all that strange at this point." I hauled myself off the damp grass, brushing myself down. "And now we're running from God knows what, to God knows where!"

There was a rumble in the distance, sending a shiver up my spine.

"All I want to do is get back to the TVA to find Loki."

Kid Loki stepped forwards, "Stop wailing!

My eyes widened as a dagger appeared in his hand out of nowhere and he pointed it right at me.

"If you keep this up, you are going to signal Alioth." He grumbled at me.

"You mean the monster in the sky?"