Choose Your Next Move Carefully...

Theo stopped outside the doors nodding to Loki and Mobius. "Just make sure she doesn't lock the door." He said as his gaze landed upon Loki, "If it's locked. I can't help you."

There was a tense moments silence between the three men as they glanced at each other.

"Here goes nothing." Mobius sighed, rolling his shoulders before lifting his hand to knock on the heavy brown door.

"You may come in." Ravonna's voice sounded from the other side.

Mobius glanced at Loki, "Keep it together." He warned, with that he pushed the door open and both of them entered.

Loki stopped once inside the door and stood with his arms folded behind his back, Ravonna lifted her head from the files she had been looking over to find the two of them in her office.

Mobius made his way over towards her desk, "Ravonna. Always a pleasure." He smiled.

She smiled back at him, "To what do I owe the visit Mobius? I see you found the Variant you managed to lose." She moved her body to the left of her seat, taking a long hard look at Loki.

"Yes. But I didn't lose him. He got taken." Mobius corrected her.

"Hmm. Yes and here I thought they were meant to be smart." She raised her eyebrow challenging Loki.

He knew she was trying to get a reaction out of him, but right now he had to ignore it. He needed information from her first. Then...well, that was on her.

When he didn't react, she turned her attention back to Mobius. "So what can I help my favourite analyst with?"

"I was just wondering if you had spoken with the time keepers? You know with the...recent revelations?"

"I did. Yes." Her reply was curt.

"And?" Mobius sat down on the sofa in front of her desk. He gestured to Loki, but he shook his head. Choosing to stand instead.

"They are not happy that you lost the Variant like that Mobius. After all I gave you permission to use him to help."

Mobius rolled his eyes, "Do you have any idea how...impossible it is to keep the timeline stable all the time? Sometimes accidents happen, but we got him back and caught the Variant we have been hunting. Shouldn't they be concentrating on that fact?"

"The time keepers are all that stand between us and full scale calamity Mobius, need I remind you?"

"No. No you do not." Mobius held up his hands in surrender, "I am glad they are on our side. I know. But if you want me to put this case to bed, I need access to C-20."

Ravonna stiffened at that request, Loki and Mobius both didn't fail to notice.

She shook her head, "I...I'm sorry but that is impossible."

"Look Ravonna. Some of my men found her, when they did she kept saying 'it's real. It's real.' I just want to speak to her to see what she meant. Also what else she saw when the Variant took her." Mobius opened the button to his suit jacket, leaning forwards towards Ravonna. "I know there is protocol, but she could have information that could help us with future cases. If we were ever to land in this situation again."

"She's dead, Mobius!" Ravonna yelled. "That Variant she enchanted her. Scrambled her mind. I told you all of their kind." She pointed at Loki, "They are dangerous."

Loki's jaw tightened as he refrained himself from lashing out at that comment. It wasn't entirely false. He could be dangerous. But generally only when he had no other choice, everyone could be dangerous in their own ways.