Theo...

The trek on foot didn't take them very long and as they reached the city, they were met with absolute mayhem.

The people were frantic, pushing and shoving each other in a desperate attempt to make it onto the Ark at an ill attempt to save themselves from their inevitable fate.

Loki felt a wave of anguish wash over him. If they didn't get this tempad charged...They faced this doomsday too. Because of him.

He shook his head, ridding that thought completely from his mind.

There is no time for that now. We have a job to do. He thought to himself. I will get back to her. I have to.

'Ten minutes until launch, final boarding call!' an announcement carried through the crowds from the Ark pulling Loki from his own head.

Sylvie looked up at him, "Do we trust each other?"

Loki paused momentarily, he didn't have any other options right about now. Inhaling slowly he nodded, "We can and yes. We do."

"Good because this is going to suck."

A guard began pushing people back from the Ark, "We are at full capacity! Please return to your homes! Stand back!" He shouted.

At this news the crowds became hysterical at hearing it, yelling out in protest becoming riled.

"We need to get on there and make sure it takes off. We can't use our magic. It will only alert them to our presence." Sylvie informed them as she kept her gaze firmly fixated on the crowd.

Loki looked at the sea of people before him, "Then, how do we get in there?"

"We go around." She pointed to empty alleyways to their right.

They slipped away from the crowds, making their way as quickly as possible towards the Ark. As they rounded the corner a large chunk of debris fell from the ever disintegrating planet above them, crashing into a building that collapsed around them. Part of it's infrastructure hit them both, knocking them off their feet into the dusty ground.

Loki's head was fuzzy and he felt wildly disoriented as he lifted his head with a groan There was an obscene ringing in his ears, but through it all he swore he could hear her voice. Hear her calling out to him...

Loki! Loki you need to get up! You need to make it back! Come on, quickly! Come back to me Loki...

He jumped to his feet, as the blood rushed from his head a wave of dizziness swept over him but frantically he looked around to try and find her. With the dust from the building collapsing he couldn't see more than a few feet in front of him.

"Y/N!" He called out, "Y/N WHERE ARE YOU?!"

Nothing.

Except for a tug on his arm that seemed determined to move him.

"LOKI! SHE'S NOT HERE!" Sylvie shook him as hard as she could, he must be concussed. "LOKI!" She yelled.

This time he heard her, just as another building began to collapse. Using his magic he deflected it, saving them from being crushed.

"I heard her Sylvie." He said looking at her, with a terror in his eyes she had never seen before. "She must be here."

Sylvie sighed, "Loki. You hit your head. She's not here and if we don't move now...well we are gonna be stuck here and you're not going to get to see her! Now," with that she pulled him by the arm, "COME ON!"

They staggered towards the Ark once again, it was so close. Just within reach. Until another large chunk of planet collided with it before their very eyes. Destroying it.