Lisbon. November 1st 1755...

Mobius took us along a part of the TVA we hadn't been to before, stopping outside a plain brown door. I looked up to see there was no number on it like the countless others we had just passed.

"Ah. I thought you might want to freshen up. We got you some clothes. Nothing fancy. Basic, but practical and comfortable." Mobius rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly as he sported me a small smile.

I looked down at my tattered dress, realising I could actually use a shower and something a bit more practical to go apocalypse hunting in.

I smiled at him, "Thank you Mobius. That's very thoughtful of you."

He nodded at me, "I will come get you in half an hour...that's? That is enough time isn't it?" He looked embarrassed asking me.

I laughed lightly at him, "It's ample time. See you soon." With that I opened the door and slipped inside.

Not surprisingly the room was small and basic. A bed, a dresser that had a few books littered on it and a bathroom. I ran my hands over the books, all TVA related.

"Typical." I sighed as I shrugged off my dress and headed to the shower.

Fifteen minutes later I emerged feeling a lot more refreshed. Quickly making my way back over to the bed and grabbing the clothes Mobius had managed to find for me.

I slipped the black long sleeved T-shirt on, it was snug, but comfortable. Then I pulled on the black combat like trousers, buttoning them up I guessed it was much like the minute men uniforms. I shook my head popping my feet into my boots carefully lacing them up before standing and heading back to the bathroom to fix my hair. As I began to slowly braid it a wave of emotions washed over me.

Flashbacks flooded my mind of us on Asgard. How Loki took so much pleasure in fixing my hair for me when I was there. Styling it intricately as he loved to see the admiration on my face and the awe. I grabbed onto the edge of the sink to steady myself, closing my eyes to try and control my breathing that had went sporadic as sobs ripped at my chest as I tried to hold them in.

Fuck I missed him.

Who was even to say I was going to get him back. What if this was some sick joke? What if they were just using Loki as leverage? I watched him die. Trying to protect me...he was gone. Dead. Right?

I reached up and ran my hand along the piece of leather that held my love lock in place. The only real piece of him I had left.

There was a small knock at the door, "Y/N? You ready?"

I wiped the tears from my face quickly, "Yeah, you can come in Mobius." I called out. "I-I just need to finish my hair."

I heard the door open as I turned my back to him in order to try and hide the rogue tears that were still falling.

"Y/N?" Mobius' voice was soft. "Everything ok?"

"Mhmm." I nodded, with my back still to him.

"I promise I'm not doing this to hurt you..." Mobius said taking a step closer to me, I looked up and my eyes met his in the reflection of the mirror. "If we find him and locate this Variant I promise to let you two go back."

"I know." I snivelled, turning to face him. "I'm just having a hard time wrapping my head around it is all. I...I watched him die. I seen it with my own eyes Mobius..."

His shoulders slumped slightly when he seen the pain in my eyes and he let out a sigh, "I'm sorry I brought you into this...but you are our best chance."

I smiled weakly at him, shaking my head, "I know. I just hope it really is him."

He smirked, "Oh it's him alright. He didn't shut up about you for quite some time."