Go Get Your Girl...

Mobius had been summoned to the control room, to an emergency. Apparently. Interrupting their research into the apocalypses. So far they had managed to narrow it down to about five.

As he swung the door open the analyst in charge of the shift looked around at him absolutely terrified.

"That's not just someone stepping on the wrong leaf sir!" he half shouted as he pointed at the very steep, very quickly increasing nexus line.

"You ever seen a branch like that before?" Mobius asked the Analyst.

"No sir! It's like nothing we have ever seen before."

"Interesting. Well. Time to go get our friends then." Mobius knew it had to be Loki and the Variant, even he hadn't seen a line move that quickly or that steep before. "I need Y/N. Someone go get her!" He called out to the guard close to the door.

"Right away Sir."

B-15 stepped in, "She's in a meeting with Renslayer."

Mobius furrowed his brows, "Why?"

"She just wanted to have a chat with her, make sure her intentions were in the right place." She said nonchalantly.

"But she's my responsibility. Not Ravonna's. She was the one that cleared me to go get her." Mobius looked at the ever growing line. It was now or never.

He sighed, "Shit." pulling out his tempad, it quickly picked up the nexus event straight away. He clicked the screen and it opened the portal up, Mobius raced through to find them.
Sylvie was closest to him so he grabbed her, Loki wasn't a threat. She however was.

"Mobius!" Loki called out jumping up off the rock, relief washing over his face. They weren't going to die here.

Mobius nodded his head in Loki's direction, "Quickly, before this place explodes!"

Loki followed quickly after Mobius back through the portal to safety before Lamentis-1 was no longer.

Sylvie launched into survival mode. She struggled against Mobius in an attempt to break free from his grip however, she couldn't enchant him from this angle.

"Are you ok?" Mobius asked Loki as he held on tightly to Sylvie's wrists.

"Yes. I'm fine. Where is Y/N?"

"How..." he stopped to try and control the ever wriggling Sylvie. "Can you stop that!" He half yelled in complaint at her.

She stilled momentarily.

"D-16, a little help would be nice."

The guard made his way over towards them. That's when Sylvie spied him.

Her mouth dropping open.

It was him.

It was Theo.

With that she struggled harder against Mobius, trying her best to pry her hands free before he could restrain her.

"Mobius? Where is Y/N?"

"She's here. Let me get this Variant handled then we can go get her."

"Her name is Sylvie." Loki quipped back.

Mobius paused looking at him, "Excuse me?"

Loki gestured to Sylvie, "Her name is Sylvie. Not variant. She's not as bad as you think she is actually."

As D-16 took Sylvie from Mobius, his hands touched her bare wrists. Sending a jolt of electricity rushing through his body.

His heart rate spiked as he seen images of this variant in his head. They were laughing, they were happy...there was no TVA in sight. He staggered back slightly looking at her confused.

Sylvie looked to Loki, "It's him Loki!"

Loki pulled a confused face.

"It's Theo!"

Realisation washed over him, "Mobius this is what I need to talk to you about..."

"Who is Theo?" D-16 asked as he caught a hold of Sylvie's wrists again, shaking off the odd sensation and restraining her again.

"You! You are Theo!" Sylvie answered, craning her neck to look around at him. "You should remember me. Remember us!"

"I've never seen you before in my life." D-16 answered her.

Sylvie raised her eyebrows, "Is that so?"

"I..." he stammered. Feeling his face grow red. He had seen something.

"See. I knew you wouldn't forget me completely." She had felt his hands relax from her wrists ever so slightly. So she took the opportunity and whipped them out of his grip before he could react.

He stared at her, blinking.

"What's going on here?" Mobius asked, carefully edging his way closer to Sylvie seeing as D-16 seemed to be rendered immobile.

"You weren't created here Mobius." Loki spoke up, "all the Minutemen, analysts, everyone. You all used to have a life before this. Theo was Sylvie's husband before the TVA tried to take both of them. She just wants him back."

Mobius watched Sylvie.

Ravonna had said she was deadly, vicious and likely to kill more men if they didn't apprehend her.

Yet here she was. With ample opportunity to attack and yet, all she could do was stare at D-16.

As if she could read his mind, her eyes met his stare. "I don't want to hurt anyone. I didn't kill those minutemen. I found them like that. I just took the reset charges in case I could ever use them." Her voice was gentle, "I promise you."

"How can I believe you? You're a Loki variant. You love stabbing people in the back. Literally!" Mobius threw his hands into the air.

Sylvie shook her head, her golden curls bouncing as she smirked, "he might like to stab his brother. I however tend to stay away from the whole violence thing. Unless provoked."

"What do you mean we weren't created here?" Mobius looked at Sylvie.

"I could show you, but I don't want to scare you." She answered. "It involves me diving into your mind to find your memories."

Mobius shook his head, "that could just all be a ploy. You're not doing that."

Sylvie shrugged her shoulders, "I understand, but you need to believe me I didn't kill those minutemen. Someone else did..." she looked around the room, "and I think we can find out who."

Loki placed his hand on Mobius' shoulder, "Mobius. Please can I see Y/N. To let her know I'm alive."

Mobius nodded, sighing. "I mean yeah. Of course you can." He looked at Sylvie and D-16 or Theo now he had come to learn. "Can you guys stay in here. Make it look like I have apprehended you? Just until we get back?"

Sylvie nodded and smiled, "Sure." She said stepping forwards for Mobius to clip on one of the collars she had put on Loki.

Loki smiled at her, 'thank you.' He mouthed silently.

"Go get your girl." Sylvie smiled. Sitting down at the table in the middle of the interrogation room. Throwing her muddy boots onto the table top. "Anyways, D-16 and I have some catching up to do. Don't we? Theo."