🏡Milkshake

Seonwoo never doubted the company he was working in.

Nothing seems suspicious, at least that's what he had observed on the first two months of his work. That was until he had to work overnight for an upcoming big deal.

The Chairman stayed with him, editing the presentation and checking all the points of their documents. After that, the chairman, Park Jay, insisted on driving him back to his apartment.

“You live here?” The chairman asked when they reach the neighborhood.

Seonwoo only nodded.

The chairman looked around the place, as if trying to analyse something.

“You'll get a day off tomorrow,” the chairman then speaks.

“Eh?” Seonwoo gasps, “We're having that meeting tomorrow.”

The chairman shook his head, “It's fine. I need you to pack your things. It'll be safer for you if you move in to one of my buildings.”

At first, Seonwoo thought it was only because the chairman cares for him.

On his fifth month, Seonwoo discovered something.

He was told that the chairman would not come to work for the day, but then Seonwoo sees someone entering the chairman's office.

Seonwoo almost had a heart attack, but then he remembered that the chairman's office had a fingerprint recognizer on its door handle. Only he, the chairman and someone trusted can enter the office.

Seonwoo quickly prepared a tea for the visitor.

“No, I want a milkshake,” the man behind the computer said.

That definitely isn't the chairman. The thing that confuses Seonwoo the most was the fact that the stranger is using the chairman's personal computer.

He wore expensive suits, all black and boring. The seriousness and focused expression made him look intimidating, but Seonwoo knew that the man behind the computer is younger than him.

Seonwoo made sure to stand in front of the man after serving him his milkshake, watching as the man gulped down the beverage while typing furiously on the keyboard.

“I studied programming, if you need help with something I'm just here,” Seonwoo offered.

The man only looked at him for three seconds, he then shook his head and goes back to typing.

“Done,” the man says after one final click, “Thanks for the offer but I've mastered programming.”

Seonwoo only nodded, taking in the arrogance on the man's face.

“I will leave, then.”

Before Seonwoo could make a step, the man speaks again.

“Can I have another milkshake?”

Seonwoo only nodded in response before finally walking out.

It was not the last time Seonwoo have seen the young man visited the chairman's office. The man would appear occasionally at least three days in a week.

Seonwoo gathered the courage to ask the chairman about it.

“Nishimura Riki,” Seonwoo nodded, taking a mental note about the man.

“He's my cousin. He will show up until his training ends, just serve him milkshakes and whatever he wants,” the chairman speaks.

Seonwoo nodded along, listening attentively as his boss tell him information of the man.

“And have you cleaned the room next to yours? He's moving in tomorrow.”

“What?” Seonwoo asked, shock shows by his wide eyes.

The chairman looked up from the screen of his computer and eyed Seonwoo.

“Yes. Riki needed a trusted roommate. Although I'm having second thoughts because you're too nosy sometimes, but that's fine, it's Riki's problem to deal with you,” the chairman says, half-smiling.

Seonwoo felt offended, but then hearing this to his boss only made him boost his confidence. Mr. Park indirectly called him trustworthy.

“If ever he asks any confidential data, give everything to him,” the chairman added.

Seonwoo nodded again.

“Is that everything?” Seonwoo asked.

The chairman nodded before turning his attention back to his computer.

“The most important thing,” the chairman speaks just as Seonwoo was about to walk away.

“Yes, Mr. Park?”

“Allow Riki to stay by your side whenever you're outside, he's gonna make you safe.”

The sentence sent shivers down his spine. The seriousness on the chairman's voice sounded scary, as if someone was after his life.

Seonwoo then realized that something is really going on without his knowledge. However, he is yet to know how risky it is to be the chairman's trusted secretary.

But it should be fine.

Riki will keep him safe, right? He's supposed to keep Seonwoo safe.

+++

A/N: [characters unlocked]

Kim Seonwoo/Sunoo, 25, Chairman's Secretary

Park Jay, 26, Chairman of a large company based in Seoul, South Korea (??)

Nishimura Riki/Ni-ki, 23, mastered programming, currently training (??)

[other members of en- will appear on the later chapters.]

Stream Blessed-Cursed MV🖤

tengyu_