🏡Trust (2)

Riki hisses in pain as he struggled running out the building.

“They're still reporting it, I cannot keep on blocking the calls,” Jake speaks from his ear-piece.

“Threaten them, I don't care. These dogs are really annoying,” Riki huffs, dragging his injured feet as he hide in the corner.

“What should I tell them?”

“That I can clearly see them from the shadows, I'll shoot them if Jay-hyung received the alarm,” Riki whispers, peeking out to see if his way to exit is clear.

“Okay, done,” Jake says, “Tell me if I needed to drive near the exit already. Your locations are off,” Jake reminded him.

“Now,” Riki speaks, “I'm already exiting.”

Riki bite his tongue to refrain himself from making a noise as he ran towards the exit. He could feel the bullet getting squished in-between his flesh in every step he takes.

This was one minor injury and his hidden body guards kept on reporting to Jay. Riki knew that if it reaches Jay, he will make a red code call and it will reach Seonwoo and Sunghoon as well. So, he ordered Jake to block all the calls.

Riki finally releases a loud gasp as he cried in pain when he entered the car waiting outside.

Jake didn't wait any second as he drive away.

“I've already told Heeseung to prepare a room for you,” Jake says, sounding worried.

Riki could only bite his tongue again.

“I told you, we should've re-adjusted the meeting. Agent G was one of our biggest enemy, I had a hunch he hacked your locations on the last minute. You're lucky you only got shot on your foot,” Jake scolds, driving as fast as he could to the nearest hospital.

“We don't have much time, today is Sunghoon's birthday,” Riki hissed in between his words.

“So what? He will understand if we couldn't come,” Jake says, bitterness hides beneath his calm voice.

Riki watched as Jake reaches for his necklace again.

“He wants to celebrate it with you,” Riki says, trying to make Jake feel a little better.

Jake remained silent.

Jake started acting strange since that night. Riki could not help but to think that it's because of what they have seen on the monitor.

Riki stopped watching the two as well, knowing all too well that it will only distract him from his missions. But then, last night he have seen Jake opening the laptop and stayed too late watching Sunghoon and Seonwoo eat midnight snacks together.

“Let's meet them after they take the bullet off me,” Riki speaks again.

Jake only nodded.

+++

The drive home was silent.

Riki was currently sleeping on the backseat, he was too tired after receiving an earful from Jay. He was getting scolded all the while having the operation.

Heeseung was driving and Jake sat silently beside him.

“Stop.”

Riki opened his eyes, sleepily eyeing their surrounding. He could see the mansion not too far from them.

Two people stand beside each other on the terrace, laughing. They were facing each other, one is holding the other on the waist. The other one is holding the other's shoulder.

They're dancing.

Riki's gaze darkens.

“C-can we go back to Seoul?” Jake speaks, voice weak and sounding as if he's close to tears.

Heeseung hissed, taking a U-turn, “Sunghoon, you're dead after this,” he whispered.

Riki turned around, peeking at the car's window as Heeseung drove away from his home.

+++

It's not in the plan.

Sunghoon could only watch as the car took a U-turn and drove away from them.

Seonwoo frowns, “Did we overdo it?”

Sunghoon shook his head.

Something must've happened. Riki knew what's happening.

tengyu_