🏡Scared

Seonwoo fiddles with the pen on his hand. Why does the last two page of paperworks are the hardest to finish?

He heard a knock on his door.

“Come in,” Seonwoo said.

The door opened, revealing Riki. He remained standing on the door frame, clutching a pillow on his chest.

“What?” Seonwoo asked, giving the boy a look.

“Can I sleep here?”

Seonwoo sighs, “Sure, just leave a space for me.”

Riki closed the door and straightly throw himself on Seonwoo's bed.

Riki was still having nightmares and would often wake up at night crying. Yesterday though, Riki have told Seonwoo that his nightmares changed.

Last time, he was dreaming of the scene where Hanbin was shot to death. However last night, Riki sees himself begging for his life on his dream.

Maybe it was because his mission was approaching, or it was just a reason to sleep beside Seonwoo. Whatever it is, Seonwoo is glad to help.

Seonwoo goes back to working, fighting the urge to sleep.

The moment he finished, Riki was already sound asleep on his bed. There was only a little space left for Seonwoo sleep, so he gently push the younger on the other side.

Riki turned to the other side. The sudden movement made Riki's shirt slide up his back a little higher.

Seonwoo gasped when he realized that Riki is still carrying a gun to sleep. He was about to touch it when Riki's hand held his wrist.

Riki then turned around again, facing him, as he let go of his wrist.

“Why do you have a gun on your sleep?” Seonwoo asked.

“We never know the challenging times, Seonwoo,” Riki speaks, voice lacing with sleep.

“Isn't it risky?” Seonwoo asked again, already lying beside Riki.

“It's locked, don't worry. It will not just fire bullets out of nowhere,” Riki assures.

Seonwoo only nodded, pulling the sheets over his chest.

“Goodnight,” Riki whispers, turning his back on Seonwoo again.

Seonwoo hums in response.

“Riki,” Seonwoo speaks, eyes wide open. “Are you not scared?”

“Of what?” Riki asked.

“Of death.”

“No,” Riki answered immediately, “But I am scared for the death of the people I treasure.”

Seonwoo remained silent.

He feels the same. Seonwoo had been living all by himself. His fears are all for himself, until Riki appeared in his life. He's scared of death, but now he's more scared if something would happen to Riki, specifically because of his job.

“Like you, Seonwoo.” Riki whispered, enough for Seonwoo to hear.

Seonwoo felt a hot strain of water staining his cheeks.

“Always take care, Riki, and come back home safe.”

I will, Riki promised on his mind, because he's afraid that if he says it out loud he would just break it.

+++

A/N: School starts next week, let's hurry the updates.

tengyu_