🏡Distant

Riki is being distant.

On the first day, Seonwoo notices the sudden change in Riki's behaviour.

He became quiet and he would often locked himself on his room. Riki even stopped bothering him every morning.

It has been three days.

The boy is currently driving Seonwoo to work, his eyes fixed on the road. He still calculated the time and stopped the car infront of the playground.

“Riki.”

He didn't even look at Seonwoo.

“Are you avoiding me?” Seonwoo questioned.

“No,” Riki answered, short and direct.

“Then why are you giving me cold treatment? Don't even deny it cause it's already obvious,” Seonwoo said.

Riki started driving again, leaving Seonwoo's question unanswered.

+++

Seonwoo attached the last file on the folder, giving it a final review. He then scanned the papers inside for the last time.

He gathered everything in his hand and proceeded to the chairman's office.

He was looking down the whole time, so he was a bit shocked to see visitors inside the office when he entered.

A gasped left his lips when he noticed Heeseung sitting on a wheelchair. He still had a dextrose attached to his hand.

“Good afternoon, Seonwoo,” A man standing behind the wheelchair greeted him with a warm smile.

Seonwoo bowed in respect.

He then stared back at Heeseung's condition. He could still see a healing wound on the man's face and a few bruise on his arms.

“Is that the files I'm asking you to sort out?” The chairman speaks, cutting him off on his trance.

Seonwoo nodded.

He walked towards the chairman's desk and placed the papers down.

“Thank you,” Mr. Park says, already reaching for the files and opening it.

Seonwoo stood there awkwardly, waiting for a feedback from the chairman, or another task.

“How's Ni-ki's wound?” Heeseung then spoke.

“Ni-ki?” Seonwoo asked confuse.

“Riki,” Heeseung corrected, “How's Riki's wound?”

“Wound?” Seonwoo asked again, getting more confuse.

Heeseung and the man behind him exchanged look.

The chairman then clears his throat, “Aside from the review I need for the proposals and the report for this month's sales, there's no more tasks left for you. You can go home now, Seonwoo, Riki's already waiting outside.”

Seonwoo nodded. He then proceeded to walk away.

Riki got a wound?

tengyu_