Prologue pt. 1: It's Broken

Momiji's POV:
  I began to sob for what seemed to be no reason but an ache in my heart and the feeling of loneliness  for the first time in my life. I truly felt alone. There was no longer a bond weighing me down but also no connection to the ones I held dear for what seemed like an eternity. My zodiac curse broke all on its own and I found myself staring at the moonlight from my sliding glass doors at the Sohma Estate. It almost seemed like a parting gift for my dear friend the rabbit. It didn't take Akito long rushing to me with tears in their eyes knowing what I felt was true, it really was gone and before me was just a sad pitiful person that we called god. How did I ever not realize what a weak and pitiful creature they were and it almost made me feel sorry but truthfully I couldn't make my final decision yet, as they stayed at my door crying and pleading for me not to leave their side like they feared. To me it didn't seem expected because this person was once quite frightening. I find myself wondering whatever held me down this long. I did end up closing my curtains and making my choice that I would confess my love for Tohru. I'm going to live my life and make mistakes. Nothing will hold me back now.

Akito: You are nothing. You'll never be anything without me. Don't you dare think you will leave here, what will you do? They will blame you, is that what you really want? Do you want what happened with your mother to also happen to you.

Momiji: I no longer have to listen to your words. It just sounds like a desperate child trying to cling to someone who doesn't want a thing to do with them. Akito I think you should leave, I won't say anything to the others yet. Sooner or later they will find out.

I closed the curtain shutting out their face, I no longer wish to see it. My emotions were all over the place and I sat on my bed to cry. These emotions are all new and hurt much more than I've ever been hurt before, even when Mama had to erase me from her life. But these emotions are mine and mine alone. I don't have to share them with anyone else, unless I want to...

Author's note: Sorry for any grammatical errors if there are any. Enjoy