The Long Goodbye

PART ONE OF THE TWO PART FINALE

Present Day

Asia had to laugh as she sipped her coffee in the airport cafe. Erin and Lou made sense together and as much as she hated to admit it Harry and her made sense too. 

Maybe she jumped to conclusions to easily. Maybe she wasn't fair enough to him. But he wasn't being fair to her. The end of high school and college were just around the corner. She didn't have time to be on the road playing house with him. She had a life in Philly and she needed to get back to it. 

But she needed him too.

"ASIA!" Looking around her to see where the yelling was coming from Asia saw Zayn, Destiny, Shannon, and Niall running into the cafe. 

"Asia, Harry's gone." Zayn said with a look of pure terror on his face.

"Gone? Gone where?" She asked with a tightening in her stomach. She didn't understand how someone she felt this way for and who felt that way about her just ran away like she didn't matter.

"He asked us to pull over like 3 miles away and he just walked out into an alley in the middle of town. We were a little confused. He didn't say anything."

Alley?

Her mind flashed back to three months ago; her first day in London. The day of the wedding when those girls ran after them. They hid in that alley until the insanity died down. The rain completly ruined Asia's hair but Harry said she looked beautiful. A smile spread across her face as she remembered the moment that she looked into Harry's green eyes and saw for the first time complete and utter attraction. 

"How much time do we have until we have to board the plane?" She asked looking at her cell for the time. 

"About 15 minuets. Why?" Shannon asked giving her friend an awkward look.

She needed to see him. She needed to talk to him. 

"I'm going after him." She answered grabbing her purse and walking to the exit.

Destiny and Shannon looked at each other and smiled as they watched her walk to a cab.

"You think this is a good idea?" Destiny asked Shannon.

"I think it's the best decision she has ever made." Shannon replied smiling.

Destiny hoped she was right.

"You ladies want some lunch?" Niall asked.

"This is my kind of guy." Destiny said smiling.

Shannon rolled her eyes as the four sat at a booth.

 "I think we should head back." Erin said buttoning up her blouse.

"But I don't want you to leave." Lou replied with a frown. 

The two had smoked up the back of Lou's car on the side of the road with an intense make out session that naturally didn't go any further. For the last 15 minuets Lou was using any excuse not to drive her to the airport. He didn't want to say goodbye.

Adjusting herself so that she was sitting straight up, Erin sighed and brushed a Lou's hair back. 

"I don't want to leave either but I need to go home and see my mom. My dad leaving was really hard on her. She's been alone too much already. Can you come home with me?" She asked hopeful.

Lou shook his head and took her hand in his.

"We leave for a tour in a month. We'll be in Philly in May." He added with a touch of hope.

"Just in time for Senior Prom." She said smiling.

"Are you asking me to prom?" Louis asked smiling.

"Yes I am." 

Louis smiled and practically jumping over the arm rest landed on top of Erin.

Maybe they could work out.

Walking through the street Asia knew that this was a lost cause. Harry was gone and she may have lost the best thing that ever happened to her. Seeing a bench under a street lamp Asia sighed and threw herself down and started to cry. 

She felt like a huge rock had fallen on her chest and she couldn't breath. Why was it so hard to be with someone who made you feel happier than you've been in years? Why was this all so hard?

When she fell in love with Jason and he broke her heart she had felt the worst pain she had ever felt but now this was different. This pain was completely different. 

Why did this hurt so much more than it did with Jason? Did she actually have more intense feelings for Harry than Jason? That couldn't be true. It just couldn't.

Ever since she met Harry he helped glue the pieces of her broken heart back together again. She never thought she would feel again after Jason hurt her and now she actually thought she was in love with him. But as she looked around the empty streets on London with Harry nowhere in sight, Asia felt as though her heart was breaking in half.

A crinkling noise broke her from her thoughts. She knew that sound. She had made that sound many a times. Looking up Asia saw Harry standing in front of her with a bag of Hot Cheeto's and a look of depression. The same look she had.

Without thinking and with a swift motion, Asia stood up and grabbed Harry by the collar and pulled him into a kiss.

Wrapping his arms around her as the kiss intensified Harry felt all the pain from the last 24 hours evaporate as he held her in his arms. Whenever they just stopped thinking and felt everything was okay. 

He stopped the kiss and just held her in his arms and buried his face in her neck. 

"I'm so sorry." He whispered tightening his grip as if she would run away if he let go.

"Me too." She replied breathing in his scent and never wanting to let go.

This was it. They had to say goodbye now. There was no way out of it.

"I need to get back to the airport, Harry. The plane leaves in 5 minuets." She hated to bring it up now after that kiss. After they shared that moment of complete closeness and that connection was insane. She hated to go but she had to.

"I know. Let me take you. I owe you that." He replied taking her hand and walking to his car.

"Can I get some of those?" She asked pointing to the bag of Cheetos.

Smiling big enough so that his dimples showed, Harry handed her the bag and walked toward his car. 

"You ready for this?" He asked reaching over and touching her knee.

"As ready as I'll ever be." She replied placing her hand over his. 

This was it. She was leaving.

TO BE CONTINUED........