Kindle

A/N:
 This has been in the works for months so I hope you guy appreciate it :)
 I'm planning to make a sort of a sequel shot to this one where all the romance happens, but for now, enjoy the boys' start of friendship.

Warnings: Underage smoking, smoking as a coping mechanism, swearing, Virgil is kind of a jerk. Let me know if I missed anything, stay safe.

Word count: 3.1k
_

Students poured out of classrooms and bustled down the halls, the lunch bell had rung and students were in a hurry to get to their lockers, people talking loudly and doors slamming. The hallways were loud with chatter and the occasional shouting as people grouped together in their cliques to walk to the canteen or drive up to some hot trendy cafe to eat at.

A certain group of teens in particular stayed by the lockers.

"Pat, you know for a fact we can't drive to The Baker's Table every time you crave sweets. Especially when It's within school hours. It's a thirty-minute drive within forty minutes of the lunch period." Logan reprimanded, pushing his glasses up with a sigh

"I know, but they're worth it!" Patton exclaimed

They were gathered around Roman's locker as they discussed where they'd be having lunch, they were the type to go out and grab something more sufficient than whatever they served in the canteen. However, Roman seemed disinterested in the discussion, turning them out as he looked out to the sea of people through the halls. 

He always had the tendency to zone out, there wasn't any particular reason as to why he did but his mind liked to wonder. He often liked to weave stories based on random people that caught his eye, making elaborate and oftentimes silly stories to cure his boredom and pass the time.

This happened to be one of those times. Waiting for the two to settle on a place to eat, his eyes began to look through the hallway. There weren't as many people as there were before, the crowd thinning out and people chatting idly. Nearly no one interesting left. Roman was almost thinking of abandoning his usual strategy of curing boredom to scroll through Instagram

That was until someone caught his eye.

A disgruntled teen with pale skin dressed in purple plaid and a netted undershirt walked out of Ms. Morris' classroom, looking quite done with everything. A total emo, complete with ripped skinny jeans and eyeliner smudged under his eyes.

Roman couldn't quite put his finger on why he felt drawn to him but he was intrigued. Something about this guy just compelled him to know more. Odd, wasn't it?

"Guys?" He called out, snapping the two glasses-clad teens out of their culinary dispute. 

"Yes, Roman? Do you have a suggestion?" Logan asked.

"I fear not, pocket protector. I, however, have a question." Roman said, watching as the emo teen walked up to his locker, inputting his code quickly.

Logan followed his gaze. He quirked a brow, "And what may that be?"

"Do you know who that is?" 

Logan adjusted his tie, "That is Virgil Quinn, He transferred freshman year. He doesn't seem to be the type for socialization nor friends- may I ask why you've taken a sudden interest in him?" 

Roman hummed, plastering a smile, "Nothing much. How about you guys go on without me, I need to do something real quick."

"But what about-"

"Don't worry, If I'm lucky I can get one of those sandwiches from the canteen. Go on." He urged.

Patton and Logan shared a look, a silent agreement to get something for Roman wherever they chose to go for lunch.