Chapter 33

"what's wrong with her? "the nurse asked as she helped place Ashley on the bed.

••••••••••••••••••°•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"she was just talking and then she fainted! "Kimberly said as the nurse nodded placing a drip on Ashley.

"Has she eaten this morning? "the nurse asked as they stared at each other.

"I need to know because this drug I'm about to give her us very powerful and can send her into a coma" She said as Kimberly shook her head in disagreement.

"she didn't eat " Peace said as the nurse wrote it down.

"what of yesterday? " They all stared at each other.

Yesterday?  How could they know that?

It ran through everyone's mind as they stared .

Any wrong answer could send Ashely into a coma.

Kimberly burst out crying as peace held her up.

" we don't know that!" she sobbed as peace patted her back.

"She ate. "Peace replied again as Kimberly glared at her.

" you don't know that! " She shouted at peace as the nurse stared at peace.

"Miss Adekunle,  are you sure?? "The nurse asked as peace nodded.

Injecting the liquid into Ashley's body ,Kimberly covered her eyes to wait for a reaction.

" she's stable" they all smiled and released the breath they didn't know they were holding.

They were all sent out of the room to be sent for when Ashley wakes up.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

HAILEY POV

"Kassie! " I stopped abruptly , there was only one person who called me Kassie apart from my family.

"Sky" I said as he pulled me into a hug.

"how are you doll? "sky asked as I shrugged.

" I heard about Ashley.. Is she okay? " he asked as my smile faltered.

" she's stable,  at least that's what the nurse said " I said as he nodded.

"All well,  why did you call me? " I asked as he grinned ruffling his hair.

" Come to the secret garden by 9pm , don't ask why!!! " he said as he ran off leaving me stunned.

I felt a presence watching me as I turned to see no one there as I walked quickly away.

........................................................................

I walked into my dorm to see Rebecca laying on her bed sleeping.

Last month,  I had requested for a change of roommates, because the last thing I needed, was for peace to find out that I was sick and tell Ashely, so I chose Rebecca instead..since she already knew.

"Your money or your life" I whispered to Rebeccas ear as I placed my fingers in gun form pointed to her head.

"Jesus.. Jesus!! " Rebecca screamed as she fell from the bed making me laugh hard.

"that wasn't funny " she said glaring at me as I shrugged.

" that's how someone will enter the room and steal everything and you won't know. Keep the door locked next time" I said seriously as she nodded.

"How's Ashley? "

"Stable. " I muttered as Rebecca helped me get my medicines with a glass of water as I chugged it down.

"okay"

I went over to my bed as I picked my pillow to change the cover as an envelope fell out of it.

"Rebecca?  Did someone come into the room? " I asked before opening the letter.

" I don't know na.. What's wrong? " she asked as she came towards my bed seeing the red envelope as she tore it open and it read.

Dear Hailey,
             I am sure you and him have had a lot of romance,
             And your fun will get your sister into a coma,
            If I were you I'd stop sticking to him like a glue,
          But... I'm not you.
                                              Signed,
                                                  Serenity♣️

My hand trembled as I shook in fear as Rebecca eyes widened at the letter.

" Hailey!!! Ashley... Ash... She.. She" Kimberly said as she burst into the room crying as Hailey widened her eyes throwing the envelope under her pillow as she ran to the ward with Kimberly.

"Ashley has gotten worse,  we have to move her to a hospital as quick as possible,  we don't have the machines to keep someone who is in coma alive " The nurse said as the paramedics rushed in with the stretcher as the placed my sister on it.

" I.. I thought she was stable.. " I stuttered as I stared darkly at peace.

"You!! "

"me?" she gasped.

"You were the one who said that Ashley had eaten last night!! If you had just shut up my sister won't be in this position!! " I cried out as I shoved her with sky pulling me off her.

"I'm sorry!! I saw Ashley with a plate of food last night! I didn't know that she didn't eat it!!" Peace defended back as I stopped shoving as she hugged me letting me cry in her arms.

"Ashely is strong. She will be okay" she muttered as I nodded trying to believe that.

I know my sister, she would rather die than continue to live in this world. I just prayed on my mind that she doesn't give up.

•••••••••'•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••