Chapter 38

Four Days Later..

ASHLEY POV
My eyes snapped open as I winces quickly shutting them back because of the brightness of the room.
  I opened them slowly again adjusting to the brightness as the smell of antibiotics and drugs filled my nostrils.
  I was at the hospital.. Again.

The last thing I remember was me trying to talk to Tolani as she pushed me making my wires cut and my eyes closing.
     I stared at my surroundings as I could see multiple strands of new wires connected to my body.

    "Y-youre awake" I turned my head to see Jace whose eyes were swollen and red as he flashed a smile towards me.

  "Jay.. " I dragged as he placed his hand on mine as I smiled back.

"How long have I been out? "

" 5 days.. " He muttered still staring at me .

"Are you okay?? " he asked as I raised a brow staring at him .

"Look who's asking.. Are you okay? " I retorted as he was taken aback by my question.

"i-im fine "he said avoiding my gaze.

"Hey hey... You can tell me" I urged as I adjusted on the bed holding facing him to my direction as tears formed in his eyes.

"I was scared..i still am. The doctor said that you might not wake up a-again...i missed you badly you know.. "

He stuttered saying as I softened opening my arms as he rushed hugging me tightly as he laid on the  space that was left on the king size bed.

JACE OVERLAND
As soon as i went into her arms I burst into tears as I cried into her neck as she patted my back.

" I missed you so bad.....Ash" I said as I hugged her tighter 

"I know.. " She muttered as I could hear her also sniffing.

Since she fell into a coma,  I hadn't left the VIP ward , watching her, I also studied for the upcoming senior secondary school certificate examination , when the doctor said she might not wake up, I broke down in tears.

I haven't ever wanted something so badly that I prayed every three hours... I'm sure God would have been tired if hearing my pleas.

" Can I say something Ash? " I ask her as she gave a go ahead as I stared at her.

" Please don't die...next time you plan on dying.. Let's die together,  don't leave me behind. " I said with all seriousness as her face morphed into amusement as she laughed.

Then she stared at me trying to see if I was joking.

"y-youre serious?" she asked as I stared at her as she sighed.

"I won't die or try to die again.. And if I do.. I'll take you with me" hugging me ,, she says as I smile.

"one more thing.." i said as sge raised a brow staring at me.

"i know youve warned me never to say this..but..Ashley Winters, Jace Overland loves you" i confessed placing a kiss on her forehead as she pouted.

" ill go get the doctor" I said standing up as she patted her duvet .

"Wheres my brother?" she asked as i helped her with a glass of water.

"He went to get food , ill call him and tell him to get an extra plate" I said as she nodded laying down on the bed.

"what are you doing?" i asked as she stared at me rsising a brow.

" i just wanna take a nap"

"i dont think youre supposed to do that, i mean you just woke up from a coma w-what if you f-fall back in ?" i asked rushing towards her side sprinkling water on her face to keep her awake.

"im just sleeping, i wont fall back..i promise" she reassured me as i still felt unsure .

"Please dont sleep, ill be back in 5 mins and we can study together , just watch tv please" I begged as i knew she could sense my fear.

" if you say so." She muttered as i turned on the televison leaving her to watch 'Never Have I Ever' series as i rushed to get the doctor.

........................................................................

THIRD PERSON POV
Justin Winters was back and he was overjoyed seeing his sister awake. He had bought a lot of things for her to eat .

Right now, he and the principal were seated in the doctors office as the doctor talked.

" Its not a good idea to discharge her , shes just recovering" The doctor stated as Justin rubbed his temples.

It wasnt about the money, they were insured and didnt need to pay a dime for hospital bills .

"How long does she need to recover and for the wires to be off?" Justin asked as the doctor read her files.

"3 weeks and when i mean 3 weeks , i mean 3 weeks of being bed ridden , not moving from the bed , staying in the hospital"  The doctor explained as justin nodded his head.

" How would  she write her senior secondary school exaninations ?" The principal asked as he stared at the doctor and justin.

"When is it starting?"

"Tomorrow."

" well i cant let her get discharged..shes to weak right now for that" The doctor said .

" Thats for you to figure out how shell write it, Thanks Doc." Justin said to the principal as he thanked the doctor as they both walked out of the office.

"One more thing, please .dont stress that girl...shes a really strong girl...Any thing can cause her to have serious mental and brain damage" The doctir warned as they nodded keaving the office.

........................................................................

"Ahan!!why did you check the back?!" Ashley scolded Jace as she hit him on his back playfully.

"i didnt cheat o"

" Sha lets mark the answers" Ashley said as she glared at jace.

They both exchanged papers as they marked each others work.

"Even after your dubbing abi cheating  , you still failed" she teased as he chuckled pulking her into a hug.

"I missed you pa! " Jace said as she sighed returning the hug.

"i know."