Chapter 45

Two weeks later

Ashley's POV

I gripped the hand of my suitcase tightly as I slammed the car door shut.

"You sure about this, Ash?" Tolani asked standing beside my brother Justin.

"I can't...I can't deal with it anymore, Hailey's last wish was for me to be happy. And to find happiness, I need to get some help." I explained and they nodded hugging me.

I turned to the building, its glass windows pulling me in and I took a deep sigh.

This is the right thing to do.

As I walked to the building, flashes of Hailey on the ground in her own pool of blood ran through my head.

"Luna!" I stopped abruptly at the sound of my name. It couldn't be. He didn't.

I hesitantly turned to see the last person I expected.

Jace Overland.

"What are you doing here? You should be on a flight to your university. " I said making him scoff.

"You really are heartless." His words hit me like cold water, waking me up from a trance.

"I thought, I thought we were something.. Luna. I keep trying but you keep pushing me away. But now I know. That you were just using me." His eyes held hurt as he turned around, stomping away.

I wanted to. I wanted to call him back, I wanted to hug him.

I was so scared of letting him down, that I lost him.

"Jason...." I called out with a tiny voice as tears dropped from my eyes.

"I warned you, Luna." I turned to see Hailey standing beside me shaking her head in disappointment.

No. No. Stay away from me!

I ran to the building pushing the doors open as I felt everything leave me.

"You must be Miss Winters. Welcome, we are here to help you."

I hope so.

...

I was dressed in green overall, it was the uniform of the patients who stayed in the center.

"Hello, Miss Winters."

"You can just call me Ashley," I muttered pulling my legs to my body. The screeching noises in my head had seized.

I looked up to the doctor.

Dr.Rowland

He was young, like maybe a few years older than me. With broad shoulders and ocean eyes, with lush pink lips. I doubt he was a Nigerian, a half-caste at most.

"How old are you?" I asked and he adjusted his dark-rimmed glasses on his perfect nose.

"I'm sorry, Miss Winters. I am not to share informa-"