Chapter 36

The school 3rd term examination had commenced and only jss1 to ss2 were going to write it as the ss3 were preparing for their senior certificate examination.
They were going to be the ones invigilating the students while the teachers finish paper work but come to check on them for time to time.
........................................................................

The ss3 students stood in front of the counsellor waiting for her to assign them with their partners and the class they were going to invigilate.

"Jace Overland and Sky Wayne... Invigilating Ss1 Science with Mr Hassan as your supervisor " she said handing them their papers as they moved to their class.

"Ashley Winters and Akinola Tolani ...invigilating Jss3 Sapphire with Mrs Ariyibi as your supervisor " Ashley and Tolani stated at each other as they shook their head in disagreement .

"Nope.. No way"Tolani protested as she stared at the counsellor who shrugged.

"Theres nothing you can do, the principal already approved of the partnership so it's gonna stay like that. " She said handing them their papers as Tolani snatched it before Ashley could get it and walked away.

"Good luck" Kimberly said to Ashley as she groaned trailing after Tolani.

........................................................................

Getting to Jss3 Sapphire, Tolani kept grumbling while Ashley smiled at the students making them ease a bit.

" Senior Ash, what with all the wires connected to your body? " A girl in cornrows asked Ashley as she smiled.

"These.. Are to aid my healing.. so I don't have to live in the hospital"Ashley lied through her teeth, she also didn't know why the wires were on her body.

"Are you getting better? " Another girl who was in Ghana weaving asked standing beside the other girl.

"Yes I am, By the Grace of God" she responded dismissing them to their seats.

"So what paper are you writing this morning? " Ashley asked the class as Tolani kept arranging the papers and booklets.

"Basic Science! "

" Okay.. So take everything that can implicate you in any way away from you" Ashley instructed as they all took their books and bags away to the front of the class.

" so we're gonna do a bit switching " Ashley said as they all groaned.

"why na"

"I'm fine with that" everyone turned to the voice that spoke, of course it was the smartest girl in their class whose name was Jisola.

"Of course.. Because you're smart nobody will hear word" some else said as Ashley switched them

*bang!" Tolani slammed the table making them all jolt and sit upright.

"Enough chitchat! Let's get this examination started!!! Ashley go get the attendance paper.. I'll handle them" Tolani said in a threatening voice as Ashley nodded glancing at the students.

"save us.. " they whispered as Ashley chuckled walking away. They were scares of senior Tolani, she was terror.

Ten minutes later...

Ashley walked into the class as she gasped at the sight of two boys who were kneeling down in front of the class while Tolani was seated reading her past questions book holding a cane in her hand.

The students raised their head to see Ashley standing as they released a breath they didn't know they were holding as she handed the first people on the row the attendance sheet.