Chapter 40

"O! it's the ice queen!" JK teased walking into the ward with the other guys making Ashley smile.

"Miss Kors.." she muttered slowly grunting as Hailey pulled her into a hug.

" I thought you were going to die." She said crying on her sister's body making her groan in pain.

"I can't die... Yet."

"Will you stop saying rubbish?" Lois questioned Ashley who gave a smug smile.

"So, what are you guys doing here?"  Pulling a chair from the reception, Jessica and Kimberly sit on each other while the rest stood in the corner or sat on the bed.

" We are writing SSCE with you!" Ashley smiled knowing that her elder brother had a hand in this.

"Ash-"

"Can you all please excuse her? Visiting hours are over it's time for her to rest now, thank you." The doctor said pushing them out nicely

........................................................................

"Touch me first! Touch me if e sure for you!" Deraline yelled at Tolani whose hand was already in the air ready to land deraline a slap.

"E be like you don forget  say you dey principal black book? Touch me first! ( it's like you have forgotten that you are on the principal black list)

"Tolani leave her, she's right you know" Misturah pulls Tolani from the center of the class while peace and deraline walk out of the class.

"Who does she think she is?" Tolani muttered walking to her seat with misturah by her side .

•••

Three weeks later

SSCE had come to an end and Ashley was better and hale.

She sat on the platform while the students decorated the hall for prom.

"Welcome back, Senior Ashley. I can't believe you're graduating in three days." Ashley stared up at the students who smiled at her in glee.

"Thank you, now get back to work."

They nodded running back to their assigned post. Her eyes drifted to Tolani who stood at the end with misturah beside her as they observed the decorations.

Tolani had steered clear of Ashley ever since the incident that led to her coma.

"Hey babe." Jace said bending down, giving Ashley a kiss on the cheek.

She smiled, "Hi, you showered already."

"Yes, I can to tell you that Justin is in the visiting lounge. He's here with you and Hailey's prom dresses."

She got up from her chair and they both walked to the visiting room where a lot of parents had come to give their children their prom outfits.

Hailey POV

"Here are your new medications, the doctor said to take every night. You must miss a day Hailey. You are getting better." I smiled tucking the medications into my pocket.

My brother Justin, my parents, Rebecca, and I were the only people who knew about it cancer. And I was glad I would have to tell Ashley because I was getting better.

"What's going on?" I turned to see Ashley and Jace standing side by side in front of Justin and me.

My face morphed into a smile, it had been a while since I saw my sister on her two feet and her signature emotionless look on her face.

"Luna, what's up?" I teased wrapping my arms around her. She pretended to be disgusted by my actions making us burst into laughter.

"I heard Justin brought our prom dresses."

"You know I'm right here, you can't even give me a hug," Justin said eyeing Ashley as she playfully rolled her eyes hugging him.

"I'm sorry we won't be here for your prom and graduation." He meant himself and our parents.

I didn't mind. I was here with Ashley and my friends and Dera that was more than enough.

He handed us our dresses and hugged us goodbye.

"So, are you going to prom with Sky?" Jace asked as we walked back to the dorms.

I held my dress and Ashley's dress as we walked. "I don't know, I think so."

Dera POV

My stomach churned as I vomited into the toilet. I slid to the bathroom floor, sitting down and my eyes blurred.

"You can't keep staying in the bathroom. Prom is in three days." Kimberly said as she handed me some medication.

I stared at her hand and she looked at me too.

"W-What is this?"

"Why do you look so surprised? I'm not the one who did illicit activities without proper precaution."

She held a pregnancy test kit and I shakily took it from her hand. I couldn't be pregnant, maybe it's just the flu or maybe-

"Oya, abi do you want me to test you myself?" I shook my head as she walked out of the bathroom.

I didn't know how to read a pregnancy kit so when I was done, I called Kimberly in.

"Help me and read it."

"one line means negative, two lines mean positive. "

I took a deep breath and she revealed the test.

Two lines.

Blood of Jesus. I'm finished.