Chapter 4

Jin's POV

The bell rang, signaling the end of break. I got up from the cafeteria table, putting the empty plastic tray on the rack above the dustbin as I dusted off the crumbs off my shirt. I looked around, noticing that all the students were staring at me, while whispering something in each other's ears. I rolled my eyes, being a popular student was hard. How do people manage it in books and movies?

I checked my timetable for the next class, Maths. I sighed as I took out my books from my locker, noticing that the other students were still looking at me, and I got annoyed.

"What?" I snapped. "Mind your own business!"

I entered the classroom and my eyes fell on Jungkook, who was trying to cover himself while Felix and his friends were throwing paper balls at him. I got annoyed, this motherfucker really be testing my patience.

"Seriously?" I tched. "Can't you just leave him alone?"

Felix turned to me. "Mind your own business, you bitch!"

"You really have a bad memory, don't you? Or perhaps I should do it again to remind you what I'm capable of?" I smirked.

Felix widened his eyes. "Okay okay I'm going! Jeez, you're so nosy!" he exclaimed before going to his seat.

Jungkook turned around to speak to me, but before he could say anything, I said, "Your welcome."

Jungkook got confused. "How did you know what I was gonna say?" he asked.

"Meh, I just knew." I shrugged.

Jungkook's lips turned into an 'oh' as he nodded his head and sat down on his seat, taking out his textbook and a pen as he settled down for the lesson.

"Good afternoon, class." our teacher, Miss Ashley said. "Please take out your textbooks to page number 78. Complete the question which will help you underst-"

Miss Ashely stopped speaking as she looked around the classroom, frowning.

Turning to me, she asked, "Jin, where's Yoongi?"

This was the third time I got angry this day. I banged the book on the table, saying, "He's sick, okay? Why can't you all stop asking me about Yoongi? If he didn't want to come, he didn't come! You're supposed to be teaching us, not asking me where Yoongi is and why he didn't come. So just shut up and continue with your stupid lesson!"

The class froze. Miss Ashley froze. It was as if time froze too. But I stood there, fuming with anger, and cursing the person who caused harm to Yoongi yesterday.

"Jin, to the principal's office, now!" Miss Ashley said, completely angry.

I pushed my chair as I stomped out of the classroom, leaving the classroom staring at the door.

"Well, Jin, care to explain why you shouted at Miss Ashely?" Mr. Min, our principal, asked.

"Because she asked me about Yoongi, and I got annoyed." I answered.

Mr. Min remained quiet for a moment, before saying, "How is he?"

"The last time I talked to him, he was bleeding and wasn't feeling very good. He said that he feels weak, and he can't stand up or sit without support."

"Well, I think he'll be better soon, don't worry, Jin. He'll be alright."

I nodded, although I felt quite unsure about that.

"Your son is the reason we both are now breathing and talking, sir." I said. "If it wasn't for him, we would be dead now."

Mr. Min nodded. "He always wants to save his friends and family. Never cares about himself and always puts himself below others." he sighed. "Just like his mother."

I reconsidered what he said. "But I thought that he was adopted?"

"Yes, Jin, he is adopted." Mr. Min said. "But his biological mother, my wife, died while giving birth to him. You see, I was forced to marry Yoongi's mother, and although I didn't like her at first, I soon realized what an amazing person she was, and how brave and fearless she was. It was only one year after our marriage that Yoongi was born. While giving birth to him, she asked me to take care of him, and I agreed. But then Gathoma turned up, and she decided to take care of him. She seemed kind and nice at that time, so I agreed and let her take care of him, which was a huge mistake. Until he was 8 years old, Yoongi didn't live a happy life, and I was busy the whole time, so I never knew what he was going through. But when I realized what was happening in Yoongi's life, I immediately ordered Gathoma to leave, and she did, but she left a very depressed Yoongi behind. I was confused, Gathoma was gone, so why wasn't he still happy? Soon, I discovered that Yoongi always wanted to use weapons like guns, knives, etc. So I let him. But, I never knew that it would lead to such a disastrous ending." he finished sadly.

I listened to him carefully, digesting every word he said. "But Yoongi never told me this." I said, surprised.

"He never told anyone this. It was a secret." Mr. Min said. "Anyways, Jin, you're supposed to be in class now, not listening to my story. Don't shout at your teachers again, its very rude, and something about Yoongi may spill out accidently too, and that would never do."

I bowed. "I'm sorry, sir."

"Its alright." Mr. Min said. "And don't worry, Yoongi will be fine."

I nodded and left the principal's office, although I was quite doubtful about what Mr. Min had just said. There were not many chances that Yoongi would be alright, and only God knows if he would remain alive too.