I am so sorry.

It has been days sonce the dawrves arrived to the mountain , they searched and searched for the king's jewel , but they found nothing;

Petal was really concerned about the  dawrves . they needed rest , but most importantly she was worrying about Thorin.

This madness of his was taking over him as the days went by and their luck of finding the Arkenstone was growing thin he would doubt the loyalty of his own kin.

She would spend her days searching for some kind of antidote or a cure for Thorin , and Balin would often find her asleep above her books .

Her relationship with Fili was also bad . She tried to ignore him thinking that this was the way of protecting him of danger. But she could not she that she was breaking both Fili and herself.

-----------------------------------------------

Balin walked into the library , with tears in his eyes.

"Master Balin , there is nothing in these books that could help Thorin" Petal said frustrated and tired closing another large dusty book and putting it asside .Balin walked to her , her brushed her hair softly and shook his head.

"Stop searching , my girl" He spoke softly. "I already know what is wrong with him" 

Petal looked up at him. Bilbo suddenly walked into the room and stepped towards them.

"It's Dragon Sickness. I've seen it before. The look . The terrible need . It is a fierce and jealou love. It sent his grandfather mad." Balin explained .

"Balin , if Thorin had the Arkenstone" Bilbo started giving him a knowing look. "if it was found , would it help?"

"That stone crowns all . It is the summit of this great wealth. Bestowing the power upon he who wears it. Will it stay his madness? No laddie. I fear it would make it worse .  Perhaps it is best  it remains lost" said Balin giving him the same look . Petal was not a fool, she knew something was going on.

"So you know where it is hidden?" she asked Biblo. He turned to her , looking at her softly. He gave no answer  but his silence was enough for her. She nodded at him with a sight. 

"Alright" she said getting up. " Just keep ot as far away as you can . For Thorin's sake. " she said giving him a small smile. He gave her a nod and watched as she walked out of the library. 

sShe roamed around the halls , trying to find a quite place so she could sit and clear her mind, when she heard her name being called from someone behind her. 

"Why have you been hiding from me? " he said softly as Petal turned to look at him. Fili. 

"I don't know what you are talking about " she said coldly staring at the ground.

"What have I done to upset you Petal ? please tell me" he said his voice soft as a whisper as he walked closer to her .

"You have nothing wrong . It was me . I should have had to be honest from the start" she said never lookin at him. It was now or never. 

"You were wrong anout what?" he said his voice cracking. 

" I've never felt anything about you Fili. You mean nothing to me. " she said sharply , but she was feeling sick and empty saying those words but she had to keep him safe, and that was the only way to get him stop risking his life for her. 

Fili felt his heart break and he felt the hot tears running down his cheeks. 

"Don't say that to me. Don't you say that to me" he said sobbing.

 Petal walked closer to him , taking his hand. He felt his heart beating faster hoping tha she changed her mind , but as she stepped closer and didn't looked at him that hope was crashed just like his heart. She took his hand and placed something inside. He opended it sligtly only to see the small necklase he had give her when he asked her to marry him. 

" I am sorry Fili . I really  am" she said as she turned to walk away . 

The minute she did  she let the tears run down her face as she started running away from him. she never felt so sick in her life.  She run into her room and close the door and went to her bed. She hugged her pillow and cryed. 

 " I am so sorry " she said quitly sobbing.