Different is not evil (The Desolation of Smaug)

(The Desolation of Smaug)

They all patiently waited for Bilbo to return his watching. They were hiding behind rocks , once again being hunted by orcs. Bilbo came ddown as quite as he could.

’’ Well, what did you see?’’ Petal asked him nervous.

‘’The orc pack lost our trace but there is something else-’’

‘’Did they heard you’’ interupted Gandalf, curious.

‘’No , but- ‘’ Bilbo tryed to say again

‘’What did I tell you ?! Quite as a mouse’’ said Gandalf glad that he was right. Petal was getting frustrated of all the interupting , but she didn’t speak . The dawrves started murmuring things , destroying the silence they had.

‘’Yes, but is something else out there’’ Bilbo said. The dawrves fell silent.

‘’Like what?’’ asked Petal eyes narrowed. Bilbo turned to her.

‘’I don’t know but he was realy close’’ The hobbit said .

‘’What shape did it take? Like a bear?’’ Gandalf asked like he knew what it was .

‘’Y- yes . But bigger , much bigger’’ Bilbo nodded confused that he knew what it was.

‘’You knew about this beast?’’ asked Bofur a bit scared.

Gandalf nodded. ‘’It doesn’t matter we need to keep moving. ‘’ said Thorin harshly ,like he totaly ignored all the danger of the situation .

''Thorin, we can’t keep running like this’’ Balin said and he was right.

''There is a house, where we can hide the night , and it’s not far enough’’ Gandalf stated . ‘’Whose house? Is he a friend or a foe?’’ asked Thorin .

''Neither’’ said Gandalf, and the sound of howling was heard from behind , not too far from them. ‘’He will help us , or .....he will kill us’’

''what choices do we have?’’ asked Petal as she walked closer to Fili.

''None'' the wizard said simply

And they were running again. After awhile the 'bear' noticed them , and it started chasing them. Petal could see the door of a not actualy a house , more like a stable.

''Come on quick , open the door'' Thorin said pushing through the other dawrves, fairy and hobbit, helping Dawlin to open the giantic , for them , door.

The door opened and everyone ran inside , the beast right behind them trying to push the door open , with his head sticking into the stable.

The company pushed the door with all her might and finally closing it.

"What was that?" Asked Ori sheepishly

" That was our host. His name is Beorn . And he's a skin changer . He often takes the shape of a bear or he is a great strong man" Gandalf explained , Petal watched the situation as she finally caught her breath.

Ori walked closer to the door but his brother stopped him.

" don't go there Ori. This is different , he's a monster'' said Dori as he placed his hands on Ori's back.

Petal grew mad at his comment. So she spoke up.

"Don't talk about him like that. He was trying to protect his grounds an his hose , which we violated in. And because he's different , that doesn't mean he's evil , and it certainly doesn't make him a monster . Being Different isn't a bad thing, it's a gift it's something that no-one has to be ashamed of. And this is why most of the people that are different , hide their talents because they know that , the people around them will not accept them for who they are. And in the end every single one of us hides a monster inside of him! '' The girl said frustrated and walked away. Everyone was shocked at her sudden outburst. As silence followed .

Thorin said pushing through the other dawrves, fairy and hobbit, helping Dawlin to open the giantic , for them , door.

The door opened and everyone ran inside , the beast right behind them trying to push the door open , with his head sticking into the stable.

The company pushed the door with all her might and finally closing it.

"What was that?" Asked Ori sheepishly

" That was our host. His name is Beorn . And he's a shapeshifter . He often takes the shape of a bear or he is a great strong man" Gandalf explained , Petal watched the situation as she finally caught her breath.

Ori walked closer to the door but his brother stopped him.

" don't go there Ori. This is different , he's a monster'' said Dori as he placed his hands on Ori's back.

Petal grew mad at his comment. So she spoke up.

"Don't talk about him like that. He was trying to protect his grounds an his hose , which we violated in. And because he's different , that doesn't mean he's evil , and it certainly doesn't make him a monster . Being Different isn't a bad thing, it's a gift it's something that no-one has to be ashamed of. And this is why most of the people that are different , hide their talents because they know that , the people around them will not accept them for who they are. And in the end every single one of us hides a monster inside of him! '' The girl said frustrated and walked away.

Everyone was shocked at her sudden outburst. As silence followed .

Gandalf looked at the girl with eyes full of worry. And walked close to her slowly.

The girl sat somewhere quite . Close to a window as she could see that the sun was ready to set. She heard someone's footsteps behind her and she thought it was Fili , although she didn't turn back.

''Are you alright , my dear friend? " asked Gandalf with his strong voice , settling down next to her, his pipe in his hand. Petal let out a sight.

''I'm sorry for causing a scene out there. I guess I needed to take all these off of my system'' the girl said quitly not looking at him.

''No you were quite right out there my dear. But even thought I know that what I asked you was difficult from the beginning, but it realy has to be secret. Now tell me who knows about you? " he asked rather curious.

"Fili saw my wings while we were at Rivendell , but he promised to not to tell anyone. '' Petal said simply.

''Good and lets keep it that way. Now go get some rest. '' he said as he got up and walked away.

---------------------- -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Petal woke up in the middle of the night from another nightmaire . She was cold. She got up and search around, she smiled when she saw Fili sleeping so peacefully .

She carefully stepped through the others , trying not to wake them up. Petal bent down to where Fili where he was sleeping . She softly brushed his shoulder . He slowly opened his blue eyes locking them with hers.

''What's wrong Petal , why are you awake?'' he asked her with concern.

''I had a bad dream , and I'm cold'' she said softly even though she sound like a child. Fili chuckled as he thought that.

He opened his arms making some space for her. She layed close to him resting her head on his chest as he pulled his coat to cover her .

''Petal , you are still shaking . Calm down.'' he whispered to her. She didn't answer , she just cuddled closer to him trying to calm herself .

''Don't worry'' he said as he wrapped his arms around her small body.

''Nothing will ever happen to you , as long I'm here....'' He said as he gave her a kiss on the forehead.