Madman

Τhat night Bilbo and Petal went back to the mountain, careful not to let anyone see or hear them.

The next morning they allgathered to the gate , armed , prepared for war . Petal's grip tightened around her bow as she saw the army of elves and men approach. She saw Thorin lifting his bow and firing an arrow between Thranduil's elk's feet, making him stop and stare at Thorin.

"I will put the next one between your eyes " Thorin called as he prepared his bow ,making the dawrves cheer. Thranduil looked up at him.

A sick smirk grew on his face and with a slight nod his army got ready to fire their arrows. The dawrves immediately hide behind the stones of the mountain. The only one who stayed in place was Thorin.

Thranduil raised his hand and his elves putted their arrows back into their place.

"We've come to tell you , payment of your debt has been offered and accepted." said Thranduil

"What payment? I gave you nothing . You have nothing. " Thorin said back . Thranduil looked at Bard . He placed his hand into his pocket and pulled out the Arkenstone.

"We have this" he said as he raised it so Thorin could see it. The dawrves stared in awe.

"Theives! How came by the heirloom of our house? The stone belongs to the king !" Kili yelled staring at Bard .

"And the king may have it. With our good will" he said as he place the stone back to his pocket. "But first he must honour his word"

"They are taking us for fools . It's a ruse. A filthy lie." Thorin hissed to his kin. "The Arkenstone is in this mountain. It is a trick." he yelled to Bard.

"It is not a trick . the stone is real . I gave it to them ." Bilbo said as he stepped forward with Petal following him. Thorin turned around to look at him .

"You?" Thorin said in disbelief

"I took it as my fourteenth share " Bilbo explained

"You would steal from me?"

"Steal from you? No .No. I may be a buglar but I like to think I'm an honest one."

Τhorin took another step closser to Bilbo whicj made Petal to walk and stand before Bilbo.

"You! I wouldn't expect nothing but this" Thorin hissed at her. "You are a moster. You put a spell on him so you can get all of my gold." he said making Petal glare at Fili . She met hhis eyes , his stare was soft , he knew that this wasn't the reaso she came with them.

"But let me tell you something . you will get nothing. Nothing from this gold , not a single coin. And I would never give you aything , even if you begged me." he spoke cruelly as he walked closer to her until he was right infront of her.

"You have changed Thorin. You are not the mam that I met in the Shire. That ma would never dishonour his word or doubt the loyalty of his kin. He would never risk war. Have you asked them if they want war . Do you even care about their lifes ? They followed their king till this very momment. And this is what they get for their loyalty?" Petal spokewith composure. Nobody said anything, everyone was staring at the both of them,waiting to see what will happen next .

"THROW THEM OFF THEM FROM THE RAMPART" Thorin yelled but nobody moved. "Did you not hear me??" he yelled again pulling Fili's arm but he jerked it off.

" I will do it myself"

Thorin grabbed Pettal from the straps of her dress and held her over the edge of the battlement. She saw Fili draw out his sword but before he could move Gandalf spoke.

"If you don't like my fairy and my burglar, don't damage them. Please return them to me." He yelled as he walked from the crowd. Thorin's grip losened as he stared at the Grey Wizard.

"You are not making a splendid figure as King under the mountain are you? Thorin son of Thrain?" Gandal spoke again , more calmly this time. With that Petal was taken by Fili . He helped her to her feet. She quickly wrapped her arms around him hugging him tight. He returned the gesture , holding her against his body. He placed a kiss on her neck and then to her forehead.

"Go " he said softly , brushing her hair. She looked up at him with those big hazel eyes that Fili loved so much.

She kissed him on the cheek so softly that he barely felt it. "Please stay safe" she said to him and he nodded in respond. She got on the rampart with his help and after giving him a small smile she jumped.

Fili quickly looked at the ground scared, but he calmed down whe he saw her flying towards the ground.

"Are we resolved? The return of the Arkenstone for what was promised?" Bard asked again. Thorin stared around him like he was lost. "Will you have peace or war?"

Then a black crow came flying and landed infront of Thorin. He looked south.

"I will have war"

Α/Ν : There you go guys :) I am sorry that it took me so long :( please leave some feedback and let me know what you think :) Love you all

-Erifili.