Dale

Petal went to the small lake to wash her face . She felt so weak , so broken . She took her hands and dived them into the cold and washed her face. 

"Petal" Bilbo said trying to catch his breath . "Thorin called everyone to the gate. It has to do something about Laketown. She nodded and followed her friend. 

------------------------------------------

Thorin told everyone to help to fill the gate and stop everyone who wanted to get into the mountain....or out.  Everyone was breaking stones and carryng them filling the gate with them. 

Petal helped too. She helped Kili carry the stones and then Dwalin break some more. 

"I want this fortess  made safe by sun up. This mountain was hard won I will not see it taken again "  Thorin said in a stern voice.

"The people of Laketown have nothing . They came to us in need . They have lost everything. " Kili said in a carrying manner. 

"Do not tell me waht they have lost. I know well enough their hardship. Those who have lived through dragon fires should rejoice. They have much to be grateful for. " Thorin said staring at the fires not far away from him. 

"More stone!" he saiid 

____________________________________________________________----

The sun was up to the sky once again. The sound of a horse running echoed through the empty halls of the mountain . The dawrves , the hobbit and the fairy were waiting for the rider to stop. Bard. 

'Hail Thorin . Son of Thrain. We are glad to find you alive beyond hope." Bard greeted as he came closer to the Gate. 

"Why do you come to the gates of the king under the mountain armed for war ?" Thorin called back.

"Why does the king under the mountain fence himself in? Like a robber in his hold" Bard said back. 

"Perhaps it is because I am expecting to be  robbed." Thorin said. 

"My lord , we have not come to rob you, but to seek fair settlement. Will you not speak with me? " Bard said more softly now. Thorin nodded and went down the stairs . Everyone followed him. 

While Thorin and Bard spoke. Petal held Bilbo back. 

"Bilbo we need to do something. You know that Thorin wont give a coin to help these people. He will have war just to keep his gold into the mountain." she spoke soft to  him . Bilbo nodded . 

"We will see what is going to happen and we'll decide likewise" he whispered back. 

Thorin was now agaist the wall looking at his dawrves. 

"Be gone. Hear the arrows fly" Thorin said to Bard as his last word. Everyone follwed him up to the gate as they watched Bard leaving .