─︎ тнιrтeen || gυeѕтѕ ─︎

─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎

─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎

PRESENT DAY - THE AMAZON

Strangling dread loomed the atmosphere. No one acknowledged its distinguished presence. Each step closer to their friends' home meant a step closer to telling them the disastrous news. Nearing the village (which two Eternals resided in), clanking and conversation became more distinct. Humans worked without displeasures, and children welcomed the strangers in Spanish and cheerful waves.

Oblivious to the real reason for the consensus, Karun smiled as he documented everything on his camera. "It is very nice here, sir."

"Don't be fooled." Kingo cautioned, glimpsing at the mortals with leniency. "Ignorance is bliss."

"Hey. Estamos buscando a Druig. Donde esta?" Sprite clarified in Spanish, confronting one of the working humans. "Somos amigos de la universidad." Distorting the man's personality, his eyes twinkled a familiar pigment, and his body was reclaimed with an explicit power.

"Hello, Sprite." the man mumbled in English, exhibiting no emotions in his expression. Walking out of the vital structure, Druig smirked, creaking the doors open as his old friends browsed for a certain girl.

"I missed all of you," he announced, his accent ostensibly as eminent as the day the team disbanded. Curving the left corner of his mouth, he planned to wake up Y/n, hoping she wouldn't throw their pillows at his face. "Please, make yourselves at home while I fetch the lady of the house."

─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎

"Darling," Druig whispered, gently wiggling his girlfriend's slumbering body as he kissed her forehead. "Some people want to see you."

She groaned, unintentionally smiled at the feeling of his lips on her skin. The stampede of tenderness was like a crawling phenomenon that transcended into her soul whenever he was near. In the beginning, she used to hate it (or at least tried to). "Tell them five more minutes. My time is valuable."

"Come on, my love. Trust me, you've been wanting to see them for a long time," he whispered. All of a sudden, the female Eternal noticed the wariness in his voice; it was only expressed when her memories had scrambled with no recollection.

"I did it again, didn't I?" she sighed, reluctantly opening her eyes. "Be honest, did I hurt you?"

"It's nothing I can't handle, Y/n. We have been over this." he declared, their hands intertwining.

"It doesn't make me feel any less guilty," she mumbled, inhaling his allaying fragrance and sitting up on the bed. Grasping his hand permitted her to know he was real, and he would never leave. "Why do you do it?"

"I've answered that question more than a thousand times." he smiled, reclining beside the anxious girl. Fixing her strands of hair that never cooperated (which he found precious), his touch completely softened the female. "I love you more than anything else on this planet, meaning I will protect you."

"What did I do to deserve you?" she whispered teasingly.

"Well, there was one time you left me on a mountain and made me climb back down alone," Druig recalled, persuading her giggle to mesmerize him. "There was another time when you scared me with your fire. You also let me plummet while I was high in the air as a joke."

Y/n chuckled. "I will never forget the look on your face." Returning to her gloomy thoughts that she never seemed to be free of, her smile faltered. "Druig, I am afraid of my own mind, and I'm scared of ─︎ I'm scared of all the things I can do without me realizing it ─︎."

Shutting up her pessimistic conceptions, Druig kissed her. Without permission, without the tiniest of warnings beforehand. It was all because he simply couldn't continue listening to her ramble and criticize something she was incapable of controlling. Reciprocating it, she deepened the kiss, almost as if she had been starving for years.

"I'm not going anywhere," he said, unfortunately terminating the emotional action. "Repeat it, darling."

"I'm not going anywhere," she whispered, smiling as she nuzzled into the crook of her neck, arms fastened. "I promise."

"Good," he murmured before peppering her face with kisses. "It's time to accompany our guests."

"I'm surprised you haven't killed them," Y/n confessed.

Druig shrugged. "I thought about it."

─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎

"Thena, my favorite goddess!" Y/n shouted, scampering outside with Druig trotting behind.

"My favorite warrior!" Thena chuckled as they embraced. They were the only ones who knew what it was like to fear their own mentalities, to doubt themselves, and hold back in hopes of curbing catastrophe.

"Still waiting for my hug." Gilgamesh sighed dramatically.

"Wait your turn, old man," Y/n remarked as she hugged him with the same fondness she felt for the blonde.

"You're like the same age as me," he stated, rolling his eyes with a smile. To him, Y/n was like a younger sister, someone he craved to protect.

"As you can see, this is my best friend, Y/n, the one who is in love with our heartless Druig," Kingo said into a camera, which was being carried by Karun, a human he wrote about in his letters to Y/n. Writing was one way the woman enjoyed communicating with everyone. Sealing a message and receiving one always felt more significant.

"Well, me being your best friend and me being in love with Druig are right," she commented.

"I just don't like you guys. I'm not heartless." Druig muttered, hating the fact the camera was facing his direction.

"Right, the only person you like is Y/n." Kingo teased, gaining a glare from Druig. "You're just proving my point with that scowl on your face!"

"Y/n!" Sprite proclaimed, stealing her away into their own warm welcome. Being the youngest looking eternal came with bunches of unfavorable factors, and she only shared her issues with Y/n, someone she trusted and idolized.

"I've missed you too, Coca-Cola," Y/n whispered, caressing Sprite's back lovingly.

"You call her that?" Sersi said, brows wrinkling.

"Why not?" Y/n shrugged. Completing their greetings and laughter, they guided the group to the main area without an inkling of the tornado of calamity inaugurating.

─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎

𝑠𝑜𝑟𝑟𝑦 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑎𝑛𝑦 𝑒𝑟𝑟𝑜𝑟𝑠!
𝑖 ℎ𝑜𝑝𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑒𝑛𝑗𝑜𝑦! 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑘 𝑦𝑜𝑢
𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑔, 𝑣𝑜𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑔, 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑗𝑢𝑠𝑡 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑖𝑛𝑔
𝑓𝑢𝑛 𝑖𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑚𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑠.
𝑖𝑡 𝑖𝑠 𝑓𝑢𝑛𝑛𝑦 𝑡𝑜 𝑠𝑒𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟
𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑚𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑠 𝑝𝑜𝑝 𝑢𝑝 :)