─︎ eιgнтeen || вυllιeѕ ─︎

─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎

─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎

IRAQ - PRESENT DAY

What Jack had said about Druig loving Y/n stuck in the mind controller's brain. It was true, and there was no doubt about it. For the longest time, they had waited for Arishem to permit them to return to their home planet. It had been their dream to get married there. But, considering the planet didn't even exist, it hampered their plans.

"Druig, are you alright?" she questioned, her voice breaking him out of his trance. Detecting the worry in her eyes, he smiled, and his heart melted as she returned the smile. The couple traipsed the desert, staying farther back away from the group so they could talk freely and without judgment. Anywhere they looked, it seemed like the graceful hills of sand went on forever. The mountains of gravel seemed dazzling from afar, but Druig knew Y/n hated it. Sand got everywhere, especially in her shoes. He always remembered the little things.

"I'm fine. Just wondering what Jack is doing right now." Druig said, making up the first thing he could think of.

"Well, at least you stopped calling him 'it'. It's an improvement." Y/n remarked, beaming at the thought.

"Proud of me?" Druig said, tilting his head as their arms brushed against each other.

"Always, love." Y/n nodded, unaware of the effect she had on him. The nickname alone was enough to make Druig feel like the luckiest man in the world. Every time he spoke about her, he was filled with bliss and pride. He was just about to question the girl on where she would prefer to get married, but Phastos had disrupted the start of his sentence.

"Time to work your magic, Druig. We need you to get some humans away from the Domo." Phastos explained. "The last thing we want is humans discovering it."

Druig nodded stiffly, subduing a glare as Phastos returned to the group. Before his eyes turned gold, Druig interlaced his hand with hers, her unnatural warmth making him feel peaceful. In response, she smiled, eyes glimmering with admiration. They were two halves of one person.

─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎

Walking around the Domo brought back memories Y/n never wanted to forget. Whenever her mind would lose control, she worried she would stay stuck in the horrid memories of her past lives or forget the life she currently led. Druig promised he would never let that happen, and he kept it. Before the team's argument and separation, they used to spend their time meandering the passageways.

𝗙𝗟𝗔𝗦𝗛𝗕𝗔𝗖𝗞

Expecting to lose Druig in the maze of hallways, she ran while looking back every once in a while. Laughing triumphantly, she stopped, breathing in and out as she leaned against a wall and shut her eyes.