─︎ ғιғтeen || devιanтѕ ─︎

─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎

─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎

PRESENT DAY - THE AMAZON

Inhaling the wafting aroma of trees, Sprite and Y/n meandered through the forest, admiring the constellations that ornamented the atmosphere. Without them, the sky would seem compressed with nothingness. Stars reminded them that there were a myriad of possibilities.

But the possibilities didn't seem to be for Sprite. Thanks to Arishem, she was incarcerated in the body of a child, unable to experience what her family spoke highly about. Chances of finding love were slim for her, and she hated it. Every day, she maintained her smile, pretending that everything was okay.

She wanted to live, but she was doomed from the start. Sometimes, the fake performances almost convinced her that everything was fine.

Keyword: almost.

Having the same mentality for more than a hundred years does that to people. There were only two people who saw past her defenses, Y/n and Kingo.

"You could always come here, you know?" Y/n said, informed of how arduous Sprite's circumstance was. "No one would bother you here."

"Except Druig." the other female commented, the corners of her mouth concocting a grin. "Plus, I wouldn't want to disturb your lives."

Y/n sighed. "You wouldn't be a bother, but the offer still stands. I know being with people can be tough."

"That's putting it lightly. Y/n?" she questioned, mind drifting off to other subjects. "Why did Arishem make me like this?"

"I don't know. All I know is that I am here for you, no matter what." Y/n smiled comfortingly. Frigid air churned around them, but her warmth balanced it out.

"Thank you, Y/n," Sprite confided, genuinely appreciative. Most people teased her about how young she looked, but not Y/n. Not ever.

"No problem, Coca-Cola." Y/n nodded. She did, however, bully her name. Causing her head to perk up in alert, leaves crunched severely in the distance as if something had clobbered angrily on them. "Hear that?"

"Probably Kingo and Karun trying to get another shot for his dumb movie," Sprite said, shrugging it off. "I bet his assistant carries an entire collection of cameras."

Y/n sighed, still not fully convinced. "No, it was different. I can't describe it, but ─︎ all I know is that it's not them." Granting them light to see adequately, she conjured a flame in her hand, sensing the power in veins thrive like vines. Gasping and eyes wide, their hearts dropped to their feet.

"Deviants!" they both shouted as a force field protected them from the deviant's talons and teeth. Every Eternal in the village gaped their mouths open, not able to process what they just heard. Shooting through him like a silver bullet, hidden fear overwhelmed Druig as he stumbled out of their shared room, eyes narrowing at the mayhem about to follow.