─︎ ѕevenтeen || oвѕeѕѕed ─︎

─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎

─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎

PRESENT DAY - CHICAGO

Quietly and impatiently, the four guests observed as Phastos helped his son brush his teeth, waiting for the inventor to return and continue their urgent discussion. Y/n and Druig had also gotten a good scolding after Phastos discovered what they made his kid fly slightly off the ground. To keep their secret, Phastos told Jack they were magicians. It was nice to see the father interact with the kid. You didn't have to look very hard to tell that Phastos loved him very much, and it warmed Y/n's heart.

"They are adorable," Y/n commented, smiling excitedly.

"I am still scared of children, though," Druig whispered into her ear, making her stifle a chuckle.

"Yeah, kids are unpredictable. They can bite your ankles at any second and can say any rude comment. Somehow, they can get away with it." Y/n agreed, nodding. "They are the scariest type of humans. Practically invincible."

"Wow, two immortals are afraid of children," Ikaris said, his voice laced with a taunting manner.

"Ikaris, I will beat you up. I don't care if a child is here to witness it." Y/n warned, making Sersi's eyes broadened. Everyone knew she was serious.

Seeing Phastos planning to head back into the main area, the Eternals all had the same thing whirring in their minds: pretend they weren't spying. Sersi and Ikaris fought over a Star Wars book, while Druig and Y/n didn't know what to do.

"What do we do?" Druig questioned, scanning the room frantically.

"I don't fucking know. I'm not good at this kind of thing." Y/n said, shrugging. "I fight deviants; I don't spy." At the same time, their eyes fell on another book laying on a chair before they glanced at each other, declaring a competition. Hurrying to get the book, the two snatched at either end, wrenching it back and forth.

"Druig, I saw it first. Let go!" Y/n whispered firmly, but Druig remained adamant and tightened his clutch.

He shook his head. "I beg to differ!"

"Well, I refuse to listen to you differing," Y/n said, tripping the male with her foot and rendering him release the novel. Sersi and Ikaris watched in amusement, both placing bets on who would achieve in the end. Although, the mind controller would not give up so easily and tripped the female, inciting her to collide with the ground and drop the book as the TV faintly played in the background.

"Really?" Y/n inquired, sending Druig an expression merged with disbelief and hilarity.

"Sorry, darling, but the book is mine." Druig countered, beginning to get up and stroll to the discarded item. Determined to keep the book from falling into Druig's hands, Y/n didn't dither to construct an invisible barrier around it, making her chuckle as she watched Druig attempt to break it. His endeavors were ineffectual, to say the least.