─ ︎тwenтy тнree || ѕoυlмaтeѕ ─︎

─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎

─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎

Soulmates.

There are different theories about the matter, but the concept of having the perfect individual for you somewhere in this world of suffering is astonishing. It proves that, despite the bad things whirling in our society, there can still be one seed waiting for you to help it bloom into something extraordinary.

That's what Druig was convinced he found, his soulmate. At the beginning of their story, she was closed off, detached. He was ambitious, determined to find out what made her tick. He didn't care if he had to take a ruinous path to discover the truth, filled with premonition and dedication.

Days passed, all of which included his attempts to get close to her. Becoming a cycle, he would fail, but when he finally scratched the surface, it was all worth it. His routine comprised his flirty commentaries and her eye rolls, but those became the highlight of his morning.

Lost in the darkness of seeing humans sabotage each other, he felt his humanity chip away bit by bit, threatening to leave him in the waves of culpability. He didn't ask for a rescue, but she did it. She saved him from his downfall.

Druig was like a rose, shrouded with thorns and imperfections he knew all too well. All beautiful things hold inescapable despair. She understood and accepted them, refusing to change who he had become, for she had the same flaws.

With her in his arms, he would find the equilibrium he wanted. If she were in the same room as him, it was like a comfort all on its own. She was a beautiful jumble of addicting chaos and love all in one. She wasn't looking to be fixed or waiting for someone to make a map to figure her out. She knew who she was.

He admired that.

Being an Eternal meant that death wasn't a concern, but with Gilgamesh and Ajak both victims to the Ikaris's affliction, he worried for Y/n's sake more than anything. He prayed he was paranoid, that the gut feeling churning in his abdomen was just in his head.

However, seeing Ikaris's hand around her neck threatening to take away his only source of natural euphoria drove a hopeless sting in his heart that was utterly unendurable. No matter how much he pleaded for her to remove herself from her tainting memories and fight her way out, it was too late. Ikaris was already going through with his promise. Pushing her roughly against the earth's surface, Ikaris used his laser eyes, determined to stop his biggest threat from meddling.

All Druig could do was watch. The scream he released made his friends' eyes tear up as half of himself faded. Kingo could hear the pained scream from the Domo, gulping down his uneasiness as he realized the plan didn't do as expected. Only one thing could make Druig react that way and reveal his vulnerability.